Microsoft Windows (Managed Desktop)
CIS’s Windows-based desktop service is called Managed Desktop.
There are four main core builds of Managed Desktop. All derivatives of Managed Desktop are fully supported by CIS and provide users with the following core features and benefits:
- 64-bit Windows 10.
- Fully compatible with all Lenovo PC hardware.
- Automatic Operating System and software patching.
- Easily restorable – all machines of this build can be quickly re-imaged and recovered to their original state.
- Disk encryption (where available).
- Core software inclusive of Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, Sophos endpoint security and CIS asset inventory agents. Additional software delivery through automated managed deployments and access to the App Hub.
- Access to the central print service and central / cloud subscribed file stores.
Microsoft continually updates Windows 10; they plan to release two updates each year and CIS will deploy the spring update over the summer vacation period.
Microsoft documentation on the latest updates is available here.