All members of the University (e.g. staff, students) are entitled to have a personal account enabling them to use CIS services.
For students, this account is created automatically, and issued as part of the registration process.
For staff, accounts are created upon appointment, once the necessary paperwork has come through from Human Resources.
The personal accounts provide an email address, access to all CIS services (including duo), and online storage or filespace, which can be used for storing documents and other data files, or for the creation of personal web pages.
It is also possible to hold a 'non-personal' account, for example for work-related purposes (e.g. a generic departmental or society email address) or student societies.
The links to the left take you to further information about account services:
- Account management
- Account details: log-in with your username and password for information relating to your password reset security questions, your email address and print credit balance.
- User registration: forms to request user credentials for a variety of accounts including non-personal, new staff, HPC, conference attendees and Bristol Online Survey.
- End of year notes: important account information for students at the end of the academic year depending on whether you are graduating or returning as a continuing or post-graduate student.
- Campus cards: information about campus cards and links to organising a replacement in the event your card is lost, stolen or damaged.
- File store: information about your online storage allocation (your J: drive).
- Remote authentication: information relating to Shibboleth authentication services.