Dr Josie Auckett
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Josie Auckett gained her PhD at the University of Sydney in 2015, having completed a thesis project on the crystallography and physical properties of oxide ion-conducting brownmillerite single crystals (A2B2O5; A = Ca,Sr,Ba; B = Fe,Co,Al). From 2015 to 2018 she held a postdoctoral position at the Australian Centre for Neutron Scattering within the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation (ANSTO), participating in a multi-institutional collaborative project focused on the development and characterisation of metal-organic framework materials for the separation, capture, and utilisation of CO2 and other gases from fossil fuel combustion. This work involved the use of in situ neutron scattering experiments and DFT-based modelling to study the atomic-scale responses of host frameworks to the insertion of guest molecules into their pores.
Josie joined the Department of Chemistry in March 2018 as a Newton International Fellow. Her current research project, under the mentorship of Dr Ivana Evans, focuses on the exploration of low-cost, low-toxicity materials for two important energy-generation applications: solid oxide fuel cells and thermoelectric devices. Josie’s work includes the use of the optical floating-zone (FZ) method to grow large single crystals of new materials for diffraction, neutron spectroscopy, conductivity measurements, and other experimental and theoretical studies aimed at understanding their crystallography and functional behaviour.
- Auckett, Josie E., Milton, Katherine L. & Evans, Ivana Radosavljevic (2019). Cation distributions and anion disorder in Ba3NbMO8.5 (M = Mo, W) materials: Implications for oxide ion conductivity. Chemistry of Materials 31(5): 1715-1719.
- J.E. Auckett, S.G. Duyker, E.I. Izgorodina, C.S. Hawes, D.R. Turner, S.R. Batten & V.K. Peterson (2018). Anisotropic Thermal and Guest-Induced Responses of an Ultramicroporous Framework with Rigid Linkers. Chemistry - A European Journal 24(19): 4774-4779.
- J. Auckett, S. Duyker, D. Turner, S. Batten & K. Peterson Vanessa (2018). Insights into Selective Gas Sorbent Functionality Gained using Time-Resolved Neutron Diffraction. ChemPlusChem 83(7): 669-675.
- J.E. Auckett, A.D. Dharma, M.P. Cagnes, T.A. Darwish, B.F. Abrahams, R. Babarao, T.A. Hudson, R. Robson, K.F. White & V.K. Peterson (2017). Lattice response of the porous coordination framework Zn(hba) to guest adsorption. Powder Diffraction 32(S2): S49-S53.
- Peterson, V.K., Auckett, J.E. & Pang, W.-K. (2017). Real time powder diffraction studies of energy materials under non-equilibrium conditions. IUCrJ 4: 540-554.
- Auckett, Josie, Ogilvie, Stephen, Duyker, Samuel, Southon, Peter, Kepert, Cameron & Peterson, Vanessa (2016). Flexible Yttrium Coordination Geometry Inhibits “Bare-Metal” Guest Interactions in the Metal-Organic Framework Y(btc). Energies 9(10): 836.
- J.E. Auckett, G.J. McIntyre, M. Avdeev, H. De Bruyn, T.T. Tan, S. Li & C.D. Ling (2015). Neutron Laue diffraction study of the complex low-temperature magnetic behaviour of brownmillerite-type Ca2Fe2O5. Journal of Applied Crystallography 48(1): 273-279.
- J. Wind, J.E. Auckett, R.L. Withers, R.O. Piltz, A. Maljuk & C.D. Ling (2015). Type II Bi1−xWxO1.5+1.5x: a (3+3)-dimensional commensurate modulation that stabilizes the fast-ion conducting delta phase of bismuth oxide. Acta Crystallographica Section B: Structural Science, Crystal Engineering and Materials 71(6): 679-687.
- Z. Huang, J.E. Auckett, P.E. Blanchard, B.J. Kennedy, W. Miiller, Q. Zhou, M. Avdeev, M.R. Johnson, M. Zbiri & G. Garbarino (2014). Pressure‐Induced Intersite Bi–M (M = Ru, Ir) Valence Transitions in Hexagonal Perovskites. Angewandte Chemie International Edition 53(13): 3414-3417.
- J.E. Auckett, A.J. Studer, E. Pellegrini, J. Ollivier, M.R. Johnson, H. Schober, W. Miiller & C.D. Ling (2013). Combined experimental and computational study of oxide ion conduction dynamics in Sr2Fe2O5 Brownmillerite. Chemistry of Materials 25(15): 3080-3087.
- J.E. Auckett, A.J. Studer, N. Sharma & C.D. Ling (2012). Floating-zone growth of brownmillerite Sr2Fe2O5 and the observation of a chain-ordered superstructure by single-crystal neutron diffraction. Solid State Ionics 225: 432-436.