Chemistry Summer Bursaries
Thanks to generous donations from chemistry alumni and the successful departmental spin-out company we have introduced a series of summer bursaries for undergraduates. They support high-achieving undergraduates who wish to undertake research internships during the summer vacation, either overseas or in Durham. They aim to provide further exposure to research in chemistry and improve the employability of our graduates.
For Durham students:
- Funding for placements in overseas universities or industry
(up to £1500 / award)
- Funding for outgoing placements through the IAESTE programme (up to £800 / award)
- The "Tanner Research Internships" which provide bursaries to fund summer research projects in Durham
- Departmental bursaries to fund summer research projects in Durham
For non-Durham students:
- Funding for incoming placements through the IAESTE programme
(up to £500 / award)
How to apply
Applicants should typically have obtained marks in Chemistry modules above 60%, and expect to obtain either a First or Upper Second class degree (or equivalent).
Students wishing to apply should submit an application form [download below] and CV to the Secretary of the Board of Studies, Mr Andrew Unwin.
Your application will need to be supported by a member of academic staff, either your Chemistry Department advisor or the proposed project supervisor.
Deadline for submission: 14th March 2014
- Chemistry Summer Bursaries - Application From (last modified: 10 January 2012)