Prof Neil Goulty, MA (Oxon), PhD (Cantab)
Emeritus Professor of Applied Geophysics in the Department of Earth Sciences
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 33 42341
Room number: Rm 321
- Geomechanics: compaction of sediments, overpressure estimation, development of polygonal fault networks, mechanics of igneous intrusions in sedimentary basins, mining subsidence
- Ramdhan, A.M. & Goulty, N.R. (2014), Overpressure in the shelfal area of the Lower Kutai Basin, Proceedings Indonesian Petroleum Association Thirty-Eighth Annual Convention & Exhibition. IPA14-G-357.
- Goulty, N.R. & Sargent, C. (2016). Compaction of diagenetically altered mudstones – Part 2: Implications for pore pressure estimation. Marine and Petroleum Geology 77: 806-818.
- Robertson, J., Goulty, N.R. & Swarbrick, R.E. (2013). Overpressure distributions in Palaeogene reservoirs of the UK Central North Sea and implications for lateral and vertical fluid flow. Petroleum Geoscience 19(3): 223-236.
- Ireland, M.T., Goulty, N.R. & Davies, R.J. (2011). Influence of stratigraphic setting and simple shear on layer-bound compaction faults offshore Mauritania. Journal of Structural Geology 33(4): 487-499.
- Ramdhan, A.M. & Goulty, N.R. (2011). Overpressure and mudrock compaction in the Lower Kutai Basin, Indonesia: a radical reappraisal. AAPG Bulletin 95(10): 1725-1744.
- Ireland, M.T., Goulty, N.R. & Davies, R.J. (2010). Influence of pore water chemistry on silica diagenesis: evidence from the interaction of diagenetic reaction zones with polygonal fault systems. Journal of the Geological Society 167(2): 273-279.
- Goulty, N.R. & Schofield, N. (2008). Implications of simple flexure theory for the formation of saucer-shaped sills. Journal of Structural Geology 30(7): 812-817.