Here you will find a selection of resources relating to our work. If you require a copy in an alternative format please call 0191 334 9290.
What is the ILG?
An overview of our organisation, outlining our activities, governance and areas of research. Download (Word)
Activities of the ILG since it commenced operation in January 2010. Download (Word)
Examples of 'Research to Reality' projects
Securing the region's future workforce requirements - The process of recruiting, training and deploying apprentices
Whilst all firms recognise the importance of investing in the long-term development of staff, when cost pressures become acute, it is perhaps inevitable that those posts which represent a long-term investment will start to be viewed as a short-term overhead. This is one reason why the youth unemployment rate is typically substantially higher than the rate for the workforce as a whole.
- Apprenticeships Event Agenda (last modified: 5 July 2011) Download (Word)
- Apprenticeships Report Summary (last modified: 5 July 2011) Download (PDF)
- Apprenticeships Research Outline (last modified: 5 July 2011) Download (Word)
Young People Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEETS)
This research examines the public and policy concerns around the problem of young peole not being properly integrated into the values and activities of adult society.
- NEETS Agenda (last modified: 5 July 2011) Download (Word)
- NEETS Report Digest (last modified: 5 July 2011) Download (PDF)
Public Perceptions of Local Services and Engagement in Service Design and Delivery
This research considered the available evidence in relation to the public perception of local service and the engagement of the public in service design and delivery.
- Public Perceptions of Local Services Agenda (last modified: 5 July 2011) Download (Word)
Knowledge to Action
This Research Digest forms part of a programme of seminars supported by North East Improvement and Efficiency Partnership and the NHS North East and was design and delivered by the Centre for Transitional Research in Public Health and the ILG.
- Knowledge to Action Agenda (last modified: 5 July 2011) Download (PDF)
Examples of 'Research to Action' programme
Taking Forward Total Place in the North East
This section features research on:
- Taking Forward a Place-based Approach to Public Services in the North East
- Place-based or Commmunity Budgeting; How might it work in the North East?
- Managing complex change and decisions in partnership
- Engaging the Third Sector and civil society
Example of policy cluster work
Criminal Justice and Community Safety
Our Research Review, Criminal Justice Research Directory and Place Budgeting and Families with Complex Needs Research information.
- Criminal Justice - Meeting Note (last modified: 5 July 2011) Download (Word)