Professor Rob Dixon
Professor Dixon has been a member of staff in the Business School since 1992. He was Dean from 2008 to 2016, and prior to that held various administrative roles in the School including Chair of the Board of Studies and Director of the MBA Programme.
Professor Dixon has been a member of staff in the Business School since 1992. He was Dean from 2008 to 2016, and prior to that held various administrative roles including Chair of the Board of Studies and Director of the MBA Programme.
In 1998 he was promoted to a Chair of Management Accounting. His research interests are broad and include investigations of the contribution of venture capitalists and the impact of regulation on business. He is a highly regarded speaker and has held visiting professorships in Malaysia, Hong Kong, France and Finland.
Professor Dixon is the author of a number of books and articles in the broad field of Management, and has published extensively in learned journals on the broad subject of financial management and performance appraisal. His current research includes corporate finance, governance and control and related accounting issues.
- financial modelling
- financial management
- financial markets
- public finance
- management accounting
- venture capital
- Platonova, E., Asutay, M., Dixon, R. & Mohammad, S. (2018). The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosure on Financial Performance: Evidence from the GCC Islamic Banking Sector.. Journal of Business Ethics 151(2): 451-471.
- Al Dah, B., Michael, A. & Dixon, R. (2017). Antitakeover Provisions and CEO Monetary Benefits: Revisiting the E-Index.. Research in International Business and Finance
- Alsharairi, M., Dixon, R. & Al-Hamadeen, R. (2017). Event-specific earnings management: additional evidence from US M & A pre-and post-SOX.. Journal of Financial Reporting and Accounting 15(1): 78-98.
- Jizi, M. I. & Dixon, R. (2017). Are Risk Management Disclosures Informative or Tautological? Evidence from the U.S. banking sector.. Accounting Perspectives 16(1): 7-30.
- Dixon, R., Guariglia, A. & Vijayakumaran, R. (2017). Managerial Ownership, Corporate Governance, and Firms’ Exporting Decisions: Evidence from Chinese listed companies.. European Journal of Finance 23(79): 802-840.
- Dixon, R., Zhang, Z. & Dai, Y. (2016). Exchange Rate Flexibility in China: Measurement, Regime Shifts and Driving Forces of Change. Review of International Economics 24(5): 875-892.
- Cumming, D., Dixon, R., Hou, W. & Lee, E. (2016). Media coverage and foreign share discount puzzle in China. European Journal of Finance 22(4-6): 393-412.
- Das, S., Dixon, R. & Michael, A. (2015). Corporate Mandatory Reporting: A longitudinal Investigation of Listed Companies in Bangladesh. Global Review of Accounting and Finance 6(1): 64-85.
- Das, S., Dixon, R. & Michael, A. (2015). Corporate Social Responsibility Reporting: A Longitudinal Study of Listed Banking Companies in Bangladesh. World Review of Business Research 5(1): 130-154.
- Habbash, M., Xiao, Lijuan, Salama, A. & Dixon, R. (2014). Are Independent Directors and Supervisory Directors Effective in Constraining Earnings Management? International Journal of Corporate Governance
- Jizi, M., Salama, A., Dixon, R. & Stratling, R. (2014). Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosure: Evidence from the US Banking Sector. Journal of Business Ethics 125(4): 601-615.
- Mostafa, W. & Dixon, R. (2013). The impact of earnings extremity on information content of cash flow. Review of Accounting and Finance 12(1): 81-104.
- Salama, A., Habbash, M. & Dixon, R. (2012). An Examination of Environmental Disclosures in UK Corporate Annual Reports. Journal of Accounting, Business and Management 19(1): 2-191-2.
- Habbash, M., Salama, A., Dixon, R. & Hussainy, K. (2012). The effects of Non-Executive Directors’ Commitment and Chairman Independence on Earnings Management: UK Evidence. Journal of Applied Accounting Research Forthcoming.
- Belghitar, Y. & Dixon, R. (2011). Do Venture Capitalists Reduce Underpricing and Underperformance of IPOs? Applied Financial Economics 22(1): 33-44.
- Dixon, R., Palmer, G., Stradling, B. & Woodhead A. (2008). An Empirical Survey of the Motivation for Share Repurchases in the UK.. Managerial Finance 34(12): 886-906.
- Rizk, R., Dixon, R. & Woodhead, A. (2008). Corporate Social and Environmental Reporting: A Survey of Disclosure Practices in Egypt.. Social Responsibility Journal 4(3): 306-323.
- Dixon, R., Ritchie, J. & Siwale, J. (2007). Loan officers and loan 'delinquency' in microfinance: A Zambian case.. Accounting Forum 31(1): 47-71.
- Dixon, R., Ritchie. J. & Siwale, J. (2006). Microfinance: Accountability from the grassroots.. Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal 19(3): 405-427.
- Dixon, R., Soliman, M. & Woodhead, A.D. (2006). Expanding the audit committee oversight responsibilities. Managerial Auditing Journal 21(3): 293-302.
- Dixon, R., Mousa, G.A. & Woodhead, A.D. (2005). The role of environmental initiatives in encouraging companies to engage in environmental reporting.. European Management Journal 23(6): 702-716.
- Dixon, R., Mousa, G.A. & Woodhead, A.D. (2004). The necessary characteristics of environmental auditors: A review of the contribution of the financial auditing profession.. Accounting Forum 28(2): 119-138.
- Dixon, R. & Trenchard, P.M. (2003). The clinical allocation of joint blood product costs.. Management Accounting Research 14(2): 165-176.
- Woodhead, A., Dixon, R. & Skerratt, L.C.L. (2001). The impact of false rejection risk on posterior audit risk measurement.. International Journal of Auditing 5(1): 21–32.
- Dixon, R. & Trenchard, P.M. (2001). Bipolar value-driven joint product costing.. Omega: International Journal of Management Science 29(6): 479-490.