Summer Congregation 2018 Prize Winners
On 28 June 2018, Durham University Business School postgraduate students celebrated their graduation at the Summer Congregation Celebration at the School. The Congregation Ceremony at Durham Cathedral followed shortly after. Earlier in the week, undergraduate students were also invited to the School for a celebratory meal.
Graduates from across the globe travelled back to Durham with their families to attend the celebrations. Attendees were invited to the Business School for refreshments of cakes and hot drinks followed by lunch. It was a fantastic opportunity for staff and academics to reunite with those that they had worked so closely with in their time at the School, as well as the reunion for the graduates themselves.
Prize ceremonies were held at the Business School celebration and awards were presented by Professor Mark Learmonth, Sue Boyd, Dr Joanna Berry, Dr Riccardo Mogre and Professor Christos Tsinopoulos. Undergraduate awards were presented by Professor Susan Hart.
Congratulations to the following recipients of awards:
Outstanding Thesis – Nazha Gali
Outstanding Thesis – Wan Li
Best Dissertation – Brendan Sheehan
Best Overall Academic Performance – Juliet Corbett
Durham University Business School Innovation Award: Group One – Lim Song Chong, Nabil Parkar
Galpin Trophy for Best Overall Performance in the Boardroom Exercise: Group Two – Prateek Biyani, Ignacio De Orue Monteverde, Jonas Jorgensen
Best Overall Academic Performance – David Sandells
Best Dissertation – Andreas Schöchtel
Highest Dissertation Mark – Helen Fawcett
Best Overall Academic Achievement – Miriam Buss
Academic Achievement Awards
- BA Accounting and Finance with Business Placement – Aditya Dharmesh Patel
- BA Accounting and Management with Business Placement – Andrew McCaul
- BA Business and Management – Anders Strommen
- BA Economics – Poppy Hawkes
- BSc Finance – Hannes Wehnhardt
- BA Marketing and Management – Patrick Turner
- BA Marketing and Management with Business Placement – Timothy Owen
- BA Accounting and Finance – Michelle Tanuwidjaja
- BA Accounting and Management – Shichun Yan
- BA Business and Management with Business Placement – Amy Worley
- BA Economics – Thomas Brady
- BSc Finance with Business Placement – Antoniya Drumeva
- BA Marketing – Chan Tsz
- BSc Accounting – Amar Vara
- BA Accounting and Finance with Business Placement – James Smith
- BA Accounting and Management with Business Placement – David Stewart
- BA Business and Management – Hanna Kalucka
- BSc Finance with Business Placement – Tianyang Zhang
- BA Marketing with Business Placement – Sarah Marshall
The EY Accountancy Prize: BA Economics – Thomas Brady
The Barclays Capital Prize:
- BA Economics – Matthew Evans
- BA Economics with Study Abroad – Edmund Thompson
The Jo Masheder Prize: BA Economics with Business Placement – Thomas Hardwick
The Adam Smith Academic Achievement Award: BA Economics with Study Abroad – Edmund Thompson
The J.S. Mill Prize: BA Philosophy, Politics and Economics – Fabian-Michael Krusa
- The Durham University Business School magazine IMPACT was also released in time for the celebrations and can be viewed here.
- You can view photos from the Business School celebrations, and some from outside of Durham Cathedral on Thursday 28 June 2018 here.
Everyone at the Business School wishes all graduates good luck for the future and we hope that you will keep in touch!