Visiting Academic Programme
Durham University Business School has a vibrant Visiting Academic Programme and applications for visits of up to one year are welcomed from scholars at all stages of their careers.
Visiting Academics are paired with a Department Collaborator from the School based on shared research interests. They act as a link to the School, the University and Durham, and help visiting academics take full advantage of all the opportunities on offer.
Visiting Academics should hold a PhD or have submitted their thesis for examination.
If you are interested in our visiting PhD student programme, you will find further information here.
Criteria for acceptance to the Visiting Academic Programme:
- Ability to fulfil research objectives as proposed
- Make a positive contribution to the research culture of the School
- Contribution to research seminar programme
- Sufficient fluency in English to be able to benefit from their time in Durham. If required a telephone interview will be arranged.
At the end of their stay Visiting Academics are expected to prepare a short report on their achievements and experience at the School.
The Visiting Academic Programme includes:
- Attendance at regular Research Seminars
- Access to shared desk space
- Access to shared and public computers
- IT facilities, photocopying and printing in the Department
- Access to University Library
- Reasonable use of postage and faxing
- Internal and local telephone calls
Fees for Visiting Academic Programme
|Length of stay (maximum one year)||Fee (excluding VAT)*|
|A full academic year (12 months)||£3000|
*VAT (20%) is chargeable to all UK and overseas visitors unless they are students.
- For academics visiting from partner universities where we have staff exchange agreements, the bench fees may be waived.
- It is the Visiting Academic's responsibility to deal with immigration, visas, accommodation and family issues.
How to apply
Please complete the online Application Form.