Dr Riccardo Mogre
PhD, MSc, BEng
Dr Riccardo Mogre is an Associate Professor in Operations Management and the Business School Director of the MSc in Business Analytics. His research focuses on how to make management decisions in presence of risks with applications in manufacturing, services, and supply chains.
Dr Riccardo Mogre is an Associate Professor in Operations Management. Before joining Durham University as an Assistant Professor, he was a Lecturer at Hull University Business School and its Logistics Institute. Prior to that, he worked as a project manager for a market research and advisory company. He received his PhD in Operations and Supply Chain Management from Politecnico di Milano, Italy.
His research focuses on how to make management decisions in presence of risks with applications in manufacturing, services, and supply chains. His current research interests include:
- Dynamic expediting to manage delays in manufacturing, projects, and supply chains.
- Price and lead-time quotation in manufacturing and services in presence of uncertainty.
- Disruption and delay mitigation in global supply chains.
In his research he uses Operational Research techniques, such as Markov decision processes, queueing theory, and discrete event simulation. His research has been funded by the European FP7, the Technology Strategy Board and the White Rose Consortium.
He’s the Business School Director of the MSc in Business Analytics. He currently teaches MBA courses on Business Analytics, Decision Making, and Project Management. He is also the academic advisor of Durham Operational Research Student Club.
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Stochastic Models
- Operations Research
- Bertazzi, L. & Mogre, R. (2018). Dynamic expediting of an urgent order with uncertain progress.. European Journal of Operational Research 267(1): 78-85.
- Mogre, R., Talluri, S. & D’Amico, F. (2016). A decision framework to mitigate supply chain risks: an application in the offshore-wind industry.. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management 63(3): 316-325.
- Mogre, R., Wong, C.Y. & Lalwani, C.S. (2014). Mitigating supply and production uncertainties with dynamic scheduling using real-time transport information. International Journal of Production Research 52(17): 5223-5235.
- Micheli, G., Mogre, R. & Perego, A. (2014). How to choose mitigation measures for supply chain risks.. International Journal of Production Research 52(1): 117-129.
- Evangelista, P., Mogre, R., Perego, A., Raspagliesi, A. & Sweeney, E. (2012). A survey based analysis of IT adoption and 3PLs' performance. Supply Chain Management 17(2): 172-186.