Publication details for Prof Steve LindsayRek, John C, Alegana, Victor, Arinaitwe, Emmanuel, Cameron, Ewan, Kamya, Moses R, Katureebe, Agaba, Lindsay, Steve W, Kilama, Maxwell, Staedke, Sarah G, Todd, Jim, Dorsey, Grant & Tusting, Lucy S (2018). Rapid improvements to rural Ugandan housing and their association with malaria from intense to reduced transmission: a cohort study. The Lancet Planetary Health 2(2): e83-e94.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 2542-5196 (print)
- DOI: 10.1016/S2542-5196(18)30010-X
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Rapid population growth in Africa requires an urgent expansion and improvement of housing options. Improving housing presents a promising opportunity for malaria control by reducing indoor exposure to mosquitoes. We measured recent changes in house design in rural Uganda and evaluated their association with malaria in relation to a mass scale-up of control efforts.