Publication details for Prof Steve LindsayTusting, L.S., Bottomley, C., Gibson, H., Kleinschmidt, I., Tatem, A.J., Lindsay, S.W. & Gething, P.W. (2017). Housing Improvements and Malaria Risk in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Multi-Country Analysis of Survey Data. PLOS Medicine 14(2): e1002234.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1549-1676 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1371/journal.pmed.1002234
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Improvements to housing may contribute to malaria control and elimination by reducing house entry by malaria vectors and thus exposure to biting. We tested the hypothesis that the odds of malaria infection are lower in modern, improved housing compared to traditional housing in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA).