Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) Network
The Durham University Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) Network group was established in October 2017 and aims to provide a voice for BAME staff in the University and to engage with BAME postgraduate students of all levels studying at the University.
The Network is open to all members of staff at the University interested in engaging with BAME issues. We welcome and encourage participation from all BAME staff at the Durham University who by virtue of their race, religion, colour or ethnic origin are identifiable as being different from the ethnic majority.
The Network seeks to uphold the ethics and principles of the race equality legislation and work, with the support of the University, towards improving the career prospects and opportunities for BAME staff.
We aim to:
- Celebrate DU’s diversity of race, religion and ethnicity.
- Promote race equality through active involvement and consultation on the University’s strategy, policies and guidance on race equality
- Champion fair representation of members of these groups across all levels of the DU organisation
- Campaign and lobby on race equality by preparing submissions to public forums and University governing bodies.
- Provide the opportunity to share experiences about working at the University, and to engage with University policies.
- Provide support, guidance and signposting where appropriate.
- Extend the opportunity for BAME staff and students to share their experiences and raise their concerns with the University.
In an attempt to accommodate the varied working hours of our members, the time, location and date of our meetings will vary during Academic terms. Changes will be communicated via this page and email.
If you are not currently on our mailing list and would like to be, have a suggestion for an agenda item or need to raise any questions, please email: bame.network.ac.uk
Our next meeting will be:
In Michaelmas Term 2018 - Details to be confirmed
Telephone: +44 (0)191 334 2000