Institute of Coding
The TechUp programme takes 100 women from the Midlands and North of England, particularly from underrepresented communities, with degrees or experience in any subject area, retrains them in technology and then gives them the opportunity to interview with a company for an internship/apprenticeship/job. The retraining programme, developed by the Partner Universities in conjunction with the Industrial Partners, will have modules at level 6/7 and includes:
- Technology: coding, data science, cyber security, machine learning, agile project management.
- Workplace readiness skills: public speaking, clear communication, working as a team.
For Participants, there are four key aspects to the programme:
- 4 residential weekends hosted by the 4 Partner Universities with training and bringing together Participants, with the academic and industrial organisations.
- Continuous access online training to complement and enhance the residentials.
- At the end of the programme successful participants receive a certificate and an interview with a Partner company.
- To assist with the sustainability of the programme in future years, successful Participants will be encouraged to become ambassadors for the IoC-TechUp programme.
The Program will open for enrollments in April, the course begins with the first residential weekend on July 13th/14th.
The Partner Universities:
Edge Hill University
Our industrial Partners:
Northern Power Women