Dr. Jennifer A. Thompson
Visiting Research Fellow in the Department of Anthropology
- Participatory visual methodologies
- Thompson, Jennifer A. (2016). Urban youth and photovoice: Visual ethnography in action [Delgado, 2015]. Global Public Health 11(5-6): 812-813.
Chapter in book
- Thompson, Jennifer A. (2013). Case study: Picturing consent: Using photographs in a visual consent form. In Ethical Research Involving Children. Graham, A., Powell, M., Taylor, N., Anderson, D. & Fitzgerald, R. UNICEF Office of Research - Innocenti. 141-144.
- Thompson, Jennifer A. (2017). Women and water wahala: Picturing gendered waterscapes in Southwest Cameroon. PhD.
- Thompson, Jennifer A., Gaskin, Susan J. & Agbor, Magdaline (2017). Embodied intersections: Gender, water and sanitation in Cameroon. Agenda 31(1): 140-155.
- Thompson, Jennifer A. (2016). Intersectionality and water: How social relations intersect with ecological difference. Gender, Place & Culture 23(9): 1286-1301.
- Ruiz-Casares, Mónica & Thompson, Jennifer A. (2014). Obtaining meaningful informed consent: Preliminary results of a study to develop visual informed consent forms with children. Children's Geographies 14(1): 35-45.
- Thompson, Jennifer A. (2014). On writing notes in the field: Interrogating positionality, emotion, participation and ethics. McGill Journal of Education 49(1): 247-254.
- MacEntee, Katie, Thompson, Jennifer A. & Fikreyesus, Sirawdink (2013). Enset is a good thing: Gender and enset in Jimma Zone, Ethiopia. Ethiopian Journal of Applied Science and Technology (1): 103-109.
- Thompson, Jennifer A., Folifac, Fidelis & Gaskin, Susan J. (2011). Fetching water in the unholy hours of the night: The impacts of a water crisis on girls' sexual health in semi-urban Cameroon. Girlhood Studies 4(2): 111-129.
- Thompson, Jennifer A. (2011). Picturing gendered water spaces: A textual approach to water in rural Sierra Leone. Agenda 25(2): 43-53.
- Thompson, Jennifer A. (2009). “I am a farmer” Young women address conservation using photovoice around Tiwai Island, Sierra Leone. Agenda 23(79): 65-69.
Other (Digital/Visual Media)
- Macentee, Katie, Thompson, Jennifer A. & Fikreyesus, Sirawdink (2012). Gender and enset: A documentary film.
- Thompson, Jennifer A. (2017). Girls’ empowerment through language and literacy: A landscape review of gender and literacy in African contexts. CODE Canada.
- Thompson, Jennifer A. (2013). Wake up and smell the coffee! Facilitator’s guide. Dalhousie University.