Publication details for Dr Jeremy KendalWalters, C.E., Straughan, B. & Kendal, J.R. (2013). Modelling alcohol problems: Total recovery. Ricerche di Matematica 62(1): 33-53.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0035-5038, 1827-3491
- DOI: 10.1007/s11587-012-0138-0
- Keywords: Binge drinking, Epidemiological modelling, Social learning.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Binge drinking in the UK is an increasing problem, resulting in negative health, social and economic effects. Mathematical modelling
allows for future predictions to be made and may provide valuable
information regarding how to approach solving the problem of binge
drinking in the UK. We develop a 3-equation model for alcohol prob-
lems, specifically binge drinking, which allows for total recovery. In-
dividuals are split into those that are susceptible to developing an
alcohol problem, those with an alcohol problem and those in treat-