Publication details for Dr Elisabeth KirtsoglouKirtsoglou, E. (2013). The Dark Ages of the Golden Dawn anthropological analysis and responsibility in the Twilight Zone of the Greek Crisis. Suomen Antropologi journal of the Finnish Anthropological Society 38(1): 104-108.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0355-3930, 1799-8972
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
The article presents an anthropological analysis of the economic crisis in Greece. It describes the consequences of the emergence of Golden Dawn, a neo-Nazi political party whose share of votes rose to 6.9 per cent in 2012. It also discusses several factors that contributed to the rise of the political party, including its focus on the fundamental cultural differences between foreigners and Greeks.