Anthropology of Health Members
Dr Nasima Akhter - all publications
- Akhter, Nasima, Saville, Naomi, Shrestha, Bhim, Manandhar, Dharma S., Osrin, David, Costello, Anthony & Seal, Andrew (2018). Change in cost and affordability of a typical and nutritionally adequate diet among socio-economic groups in rural Nepal after the 2008 food price crisis. Food Security 10(3): 615-629.
- Akhter, N., Bambra, C., Mattheys, K., Warren, J. & Kasim, A. (2018). Inequalities in mental health and well-being in a time of austerity: Follow-up findings from the Stockton-on-Tees cohort study. SSM - Population Health 6: 75-84.
- Todd, Adam, Al-Khafaji, Jaafar, Akhter, Nasima, Kasim, Adetayo, Quibell, Rachel, Merriman, Kelly & Holmes, Holly (2018). Missed opportunities: unnecessary medicine use in patients with lung cancer at the end of life: an international cohort study. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 84(12): 2802-2810.
- Todd, Adam, Akhter, Nasima, Cairns, Joanne-Marie, Kasim, Adetayo, Walton, Nick, Ellison, Amanda, Chazot, Paul, Eldabe, Sam & Bambra, Clare (2018). The Pain Divide: a cross-sectional analysis of chronic pain prevalence, pain intensity and opioid utilisation in England. BMJ Open 8(7): e023391.
- Mawn, L., Oliver, E.J., Akhtar, N., Bambra, C., Torgerson, C., Bridle, C. & Stain, H.J. (2017). Are we failing young people not in employment, education or training (NEETs)? A systematic review and meta-analysis of re-engagement interventions. Systematic Reviews 6: 16.
- Thomson, Katie H., Renneberg, Ann-Christin, McNamara, Courtney L., Akhter, Nasima, Reibling, Nadine & Bambra, Clare (2017). Regional inequalities in self-reported conditions and non-communicable diseases in European countries: Findings from the European Social Survey (2014) special module on the social determinants of health. European Journal of Public Health 27(Supplement 1): 14-21.
- Mattheys, K., Bambra, C., Warren, J., Kasim, A. & Akhter, N. (2016). Inequalities in mental health and well-being in a time of austerity: Baseline findings from the Stockton-on-Tees cohort study. SSM - Population Health 2: 350-359.
- Nazar, H., Brice, S., Akhter, N., Kasim, A., Gunning, A., Slight, S.P. & Watson, N. (2016). New transfer of care initiative of electronic referral from hospital to community pharmacy in England: a formative service evaluation. BMJ Open 6(10): e012532.
- Blagburn, Julia, Kelly-Fatemi, Ben, Akhter, Nasima & Husband, Andy (2016). Person-centred pharmaceutical care reduces emergency readmissions. European Journal of Hospital Pharmacy 23(2): 80-85.
- Oddo, V.M., Rah, J.H., Semba, R.D., Sun, K., Akhter, N., Sari, M., de Pee, S., Moench-Pfanner, R., Bloem, M. & Kraemer, K. (2012). Predictors of maternal and child double burden of malnutrition in rural Indonesia and Bangladesh. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 95(4): 951-958.
- Campbell, A.A., Akhter, N., Sun, K., De Pee, S., Kraemer, K., Moench-Pfanner, R., Rah, J.H., Badham, J., Bloem, M.W. & Semba, R.D. (2011). Relationship of homestead food production with night blindness among children below 5 years of age in Bangladesh. Public Health Nutrition 14(9): 1627-1631.
- Campbell, A.A., Akhter, N., Sun, K., De Pee, S., Kraemer, K., Moench-Pfanner, R., Rah, J.H., Badham, J., Bloem, M.W. & Semba, R.D. (2011). Relationship of household food insecurity to anaemia in children aged 6-59 months among families in rural Indonesia. Annals of Tropical Paediatrics 31(4): 321-330.
- Semba, R.D., de Pee, S., Sun, K., Akhter, N., Bloem, M.W. & Raju, V.K. (2010). Coverage of vitamin A capsule programme in Bangladesh and risk factors associated with non-receipt of vitamin A. Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition 28(2): 143-148.
- Thorne-Lyman, A.L., Valpiani, N., Sun, K., Semba, R.D., Klotz, C.L., Kraemer, K., Akhter, N., De Pee, S., Moench-Pfanner, R., Sari, M. & Bloem, M.W. (2010). Household dietary diversity and food expenditures are closely linked in rural Bangladesh, increasing the risk of malnutrition due to the financial crisis. Journal of Nutrition 140(1): 182S-188S.
- Campbell, A.A., de Pee, S., Sun, K., Kraemer, K., Thorne-Lyman, A., Moench-Pfanner, R., Sari, M., Akhter, N., Bloem, M.W. & Semba, R.D. (2010). Household rice expenditure and maternal and child nutritional status in Bangladesh. Journal of Nutrition 140(1): 189S-194S.
- Rah, J.H., Akhter, N., Semba, R.D. de Pee, S., Bloem, M.W. Campbell, A.A. Moench-Pfanner, R., Sun, K., Badham, J. & Kraemer, K. (2010). Low dietary diversity is a predictor of child stunting in rural Bangladesh. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition 64: 1393–1398.
- Akhter, N. & Haselow, N. (2010). Using data from a nationally representative nutrition surveillance system to assess trends and influence nutrition programs and policy. Field Action Science Reports 4(1).
- Akhter, N., Witten, C., Stallkamp, B., Anderson, V., de Pee, S. & Haselow, N. (2008). Children aged 12-59 months missed through the National Vitamin A Capsule Distribution Program in Bangladesh: findings of the Nutritional Surveillance Project. Field Action Science Reports
- Semba, R., de Pee, S., Sun, K., Sari, M., Akhter, N. & Bloem, M. (2008). Effect of parental formal education on risk of child stunting in Indonesia and Bangladesh: a cross-sectional study. Lancet 371: 322–28.
- Lee, V., Ahmed, F., Wada, S., Ahmed, T., Ahmed, A.S., Parvin Banu, C. & Akhter N. (2008). Extent of vitamin a deficiency among rural pregnant women in Bangladesh. Public Health Nutrition 11(12): 1326-1331.
- Shafique, S., Akhter, N., Stallkamp, G., de Pee, S., Panagides, D. & Bloem, M. (2007). Trends of under-and overweight among rural and urban poor women indicate double burden of malnutrition in Bangladesh. International Journal of Epidemiology 36(2): 449-57.