Anthropology of Health Members
Dr Alanna Rudzik, BA, MSc, PhD
Honorary Research Fellow in the Department of Anthropology
Fellow of the Wolfson Research Institute for Health and Wellbeing
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 33 40796
(email at email@example.com)
Chapter in book
- Rudzik, Alanna EF (2014). The embodied experience of breastfeeding and the product/process dichotomy in São Paulo, Brazil. In Ethnographies of Breastfeeding: Cultural Contexts and Confrontations. Cassidy, Tanya & El Tom, Abdullahi Bloomsbury Publishing.
- Rudzik, Alanna EF & Sellen, Daniel W (2013). Cultural considerations in feeding infants and young children. In Pediatric Nutrition: 7th Edition. Kleinman, RE & Greer, FR American Academy of Pediatrics. 219-240.
- Rudzik, Alanna EF (2011). Breastfeeding and the “good mother” ideal in São Paulo, Brazil. In An Anthropology of Mothering. Walks, Michelle & McPherson, Naomi Toronto, Ontario: Demeter Press. 159-171.
- Rudzik, Alanna EF (2015). Normal infant sleep and parental expectations. International Journal of Birth and Parent Education 2(2): 7-10.
- Rudzik, Alanna EF, Breakey, Alicia & Bribiescas, Richard G (2014). Oxytocin and Epstein-Barr Virus: Stress biomarkers in the postpartum period among first-time mothers from São Paulo, Brazil. American Journal of Human Biology 26(1): 43-50.
- Rudzik, Alanna EF (2012). The Experience and Determinants of First-Time Breast-Feeding Duration among Low-Income Women from Sao Paulo, Brazil. Current Anthropology 53(1): 108-117.
- Rudzik, Alanna EF, Leonard, Susan H & Sievert, Lynnette L. (2011). Determinants of Tubal Ligation in Puebla, Mexico. Women & Health 51(4): 365-382.
- Rudzik, Alanna EF (2003). Examining health equity through satisfaction and confidence of patients in primary healthcare in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. Journal of Health Population and Nutrition 21(3): 243-250.
- Rudzik Alanna EF (2014). Final Report: Breastfeeding and Maternal Smoking, Breastfeeding and Substance Misuse—A Review of Programs/Interventions Nationwide. Durham University.