Academic Support Office
The Academic Support Office supports the University in its aim of offering education that is challenging, difficult, enabling and transformative.
To this end, the Academic Support Office:
- Supports the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Education) and Dean of Postgraduate and Undergraduate Education in the development of strategy and policy for education.
- Supports the development and implementation of the University's quality assurance and enhancement processes.
- Manages University level appeals, complaints and discipline processes.
- Manages the faculty and University levels of the student progress procedures for postgraduate students.
- Supports the University's faculties in academic planning relating to educational provision.
- Manages Durham's relationship with the Common Awards partnership.
In carrying out these roles the Academic Support Office is committed to ensuring that the ways in which it supports all these areas are, and remain, fit for purpose, through the implementation of a comprehensive evaluation framework.