Recruitment & Admissions
The Recruitment and Admissions Service is part of the Academic Office, which is headed by the Academic Registrar, Dr Michael Gilmore. The Recruitment and Admissions Service is based in the Mountjoy Centre in Durham City.
The Recruitment and Admissions Service plays a vital role in supporting the University in achieving its student recruitment targets and recruiting the most able and motivated students from all backgrounds. Much of our work depends on close liaison with, and support to and from, other areas of the University, including academic departments, colleges, professional support services and current undergraduate and postgraduate students. We also liaise with many national organisations and actively contribute to and influence national policies.
The Student Recruitment Team is specifically concerned with:
- Working nationally to encourage applicants onto our programmes.
- Forming partnerships both regionally and nationally with schools, colleges, LEAs and other relevant institutions and organisations
- Provding opportunites for potential applicants to visit Durham University
- Actively supporting the implementation of the University’s Access Agreement
In undertaking these responsibilities the Team offers and delivers a wide variety of activity including:
Admissions (Undergraduate and Postgraduate)
The Admissions Team is responsible for:
- managing the undergraduate and postgraduate admissions process
- the processing of around 26,000 undergraduate and 9,500 postgraduate applications to the University
- communications with UCAS
- monitoring and reporting on admissions statistics
- ensuring that the University meets its student recruitment targets
- providing expert advice, guidance and training to support professional admissions in academic departments and colleges
- ensuring that admissions policies and procedures are adhered to and are developed to meet changing requirements and reflect best practice
- ensuring that quality and standards are maintained in admissions
- investigating and responding to any complaints about the admissions process
- ensuring that the admissions process meets any external requirements
- issuing of Certificates of Acceptance for Studies required by applicants needing a visa.
For more detailed information please visit:
For advice or guidance on Admissions please contact:
- Undergraduate Admissions
Tel: 0191 33 46128, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postgraduate Admissions Tel: 0191 33 46492, Email: email@example.com
Recruitment and Admissions
The Mountjoy Centre