Durham University is proud to be a leading research-intensive university, and strives to undertake pioneering research which will achieve social, environmental, and economic benefits, locally, nationally, and internationally.A Responsible University
Students are expected to:
- Deliver excellence in research conduct, ensuring the integrity, quality, and value of the research output;
- Comply with the relevant professional and discipline-specific codes of conduct;
- Protect the rights of humans, and ensure that research involving human participants, their data, or tissue is subject to ethical review both internally, and where appropriate, externally;
- Respect animal welfare in all research activities involving animals;
- Maintain open access to research outputs.