Dr Louisa Ells, BSc (hons); PhD
Louisa Ells is also specialist advisor to the National Obesity Observatory www.noo.org.uk
- Public health related obesity, diet and physical activity expertise
- Heslehurst, N, Simpson, H, Ells, L, Rankin, J, Wilkinson, J, Lang, R & Summerbell, C (2008). The impact of maternal BMI status on pregnancy outcomes with immediate short-term obstetric resource implications: a meta analysis. International Journal Of Obesity 32: S21-S21.
Journal papers: academic
- Ells, LJ, Hillier, FC, Shucksmith, J, Crawley, H, Harbige, L, Shield, J, Wiggins, A & Summerbell, CD (2008). A systematic review of the effect of dietary exposure that could be achieved through normal dietary intake on learning and performance of school-aged children of relevance to UK schools. British Journal Of Nutrition 100(5): 927-936.
- Ells, LJ, Shield, JPH, Lidstone, JSM, Tregonning, D, Whittaker, V, Batterham, A, Wilkinson, JR & Summerbell, CD (2008). Teesside Schools Health Study: Body mass index surveillance in special needs and mainstream school children. Public Health 122(3): 251-254.
- Moore, HJ, Ells, LJ, McLure, SA, Crooks, S, Cumbor, D, Summerbell, CD & Batterham, AM (2008). The development and evaluation of a novel computer program to assess previous-day dietary and physical activity behaviours in school children: The Synchronised Nutrition and Activity Program (TM) (SNAP (TM). British Journal Of Nutrition 99(6): 1266-1274.
- Heslehurst, N, Simpson, H, Ells, LJ, Rankin, J, Wilkinson, J, Lang, R, Brown, TJ & Summerbell, CD (2008). The impact of maternal BMI status on pregnancy outcomes with immediate short-term obstetric resource implications: a meta-analysis. Obesity Reviews 9(6): 635-683.
- Hillier, FC, Ells, LJ, Summerbell, CD, Shucksmith, J, Crawley, H, Harbige, LS, Hamilton-Shield, J & Wiggins, A (2007). A systematic review of the effect of nutrition, diet and dietary change on learning, behaviour and performance of school-aged children. Proceedings Of The Nutrition Society 66: 43A-43A.
- Ells, LJ, Macknight, N & Wilkinson, JR (2007). Obesity surgery in England: An examination of the health episode statistics 1996-2005. Obesity Surgery 17(3): 400-405.
- Heslehurst, N, Ells, LJ, Simpson, H, Batterham, A, Wilkinson, J & Summerbell, CD (2007). Trends in maternal obesity incidence rates, demographic predictors, and health inequalities in 36 821 women over a 15-year period. Bjog-an International Journal Of Obstetrics And Gynaecology 114(2): 187-194.
- Lidstone, JSM, Ells, LJ, Finn, P, Whittaker, VJ, Wilkinson, JR & Summerbell, CD (2006). Independent associations between weight status and disability in adults: Results from the health survey for England. Public Health 120(5): 412-417.
- Ells, LJ, Lang, R, Shield, JPH, Wilkinson, JR, Lidstone, JSM, Coulton, S & Summerbell, CD (2006). Obesity and disability - a short review. Obesity Reviews 7(4): 341-345.
- Ells, LJ, Seal, CJ, Kettlitz, B, Bal, W & Mathers, JC (2005). Postprandial glycaemic, lipaemic and haemostatic responses to ingestion of rapidly and slowly digested starches in healthy young women. British Journal Of Nutrition 94(6): 948-955.
- Ells, LJ, Campbell, K, Lidstone, J, Kelly, S, Lang, R & Summerbell, C (2005). Prevention of childhood obesity. Best Practice & Research Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 19(3): 441-454.