Postgraduates living in Van Mildert College have a dedicated postgraduate modern facility known as the Postgraduate Centre, located on the top floor of the Deerness building. The Middle Common Room is based at the centre and includes facilities such as a TV lounge and a coffee machine. There are also four PCs, a scanner and a printer for the use of postgraduates within the MCR Common Room, as well as additional study space and wifi.
All members of the MCR are also allowed membership of the SCR, postgraduates also may make use of the SCR's Prowse room; a private well equipped lounge located at the back of the college and which has a TV, DVD and VHS player, as well as free hot drinks for a period of time after meals.
There are also a range of facilities for both Postgraduates and Undergraduates at Van Mildert which include.a bar, a private billiards room, snooker tables, a college shop.
Our College Bar
Offering coffees; alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks; Neighbours; and someone to chat to.
- Open lunchtimes for teas, coffees and Neighbours on the plasma TV
- Open weekends and evenings for alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- A range of spirits, beers, lagers, real ales, bottles and soft drinks
- Plus, there's always someone to chat to!
- One of the only full-sized snooker tables in Durham colleges
- Free for Van Mildert students
- Recently refurbished and redecorated
- A great facility for budding Stephen Hendrys
Our beautiful grounds centre around a stunning lake, complete with our very own ducks!
- Great for picnics in Summer and a brisk walk in Winter
- Our ducks are literally at the centre of college life - we have even built them their own "duck house"
- In the Summer term, our lake is the centrepiece for our "Jam By the Lake" Music festival
- You know it's spring at Van Mildert when the ducklings start arriving