Van Mildert College is firmly committed to the principles of sustainability. The College recognises that its activities impact upon the environment through its routine internal operations, its infrastructural development and its influence on the wider community.
The College acknowledges a responsibility for, and a commitment to, the protection of the environment at all levels.
The College will endeavour to exceed the requirements of relevant environmental legislation, is committed to environmental performance improvement and will:
- Seek to integrate a consideration of environmental issues into all relevant aspects of College life;
- In conjunction with University, promote and raise awareness of good environmental management policies and practices among staff, students and guests;
- Promote a purchasing policy which favours those products and services which cause the least harm to the environment;
- Continue to reduce the consumption of primary raw materials (including gas, water and energy) and seek to enhance the contribution of energy efficient, low carbonmeasures, recyclable components and renewables;
- Implement sound long-term waste management plans to reduce overall waste production and increase the recycled component of the waste stream;
- Encourage and facilitate sustainable modes of transport to, from and within the College;
Develop and maintain the grounds and buildings of the College in an environmentally sensitive way, seeking to protect and enhance natural habitats and biodiversity.
- TheGreenTourismBusinessScheme.docx (last modified: 17 January 2011)
- VanMildertCollegeEnvironmentalPolicy.docx (last modified: 15 February 2011)
- Environmental Committee News (last modified: 5 December 2011)
- Travel and Directions to Van Mildert College (last modified: 8 December 2010)
- Van Mildert Eco Code 2010-11 (last modified: 11 November 2010)