General Regulation III - Residence
1. Undergraduate members of the University shall reside within the precincts of their College or Licensed Hall of Residence within College managed accommodation or otherwise within a reasonable distance of the University+. Students shall be members of a College at the primary site of their learning and teaching.
2. Postgraduate students registered for full-time study are required to reside within a reasonable distance of the University+. Exceptions may be granted by the Chair of the relevant Faculty Education Committee following the submission of a concession request endorsed by the student’s Department and College.
3. No student may migrate from one College or Licensed Hall of Residence to another during a programme of study unless such migration is approved by the Vice-Chancellor and Warden.
4. In normal circumstances a Head of College shall not withhold permission for a student to live out of College provided:-
(b) The student is also able to find accommodation in lodgings.
5. A student who withdraws from the University, or migrates from residence in a College during the course of a term, will be required to pay a sum as specified in the occupancy agreement. This payment may be varied at the discretion of the Head of College according to circumstances. See also General Regulation IX B Payment of Charges.
6. Where the University terminates an applicant’s application prior to the programme start date or requires a student to withdraw under the terms of its Notification of Academic and Personal details for Admission, Matriculation and Registration Purposes Regulation, we may retain any fees paid on or on behalf of the applicant.
+ Or other approved location of study as defined in the programme regulations.
*Normally, by the last day of February in the academic year preceding that in which the student wishes to live out of College.