The internal website (which you are currently reading) is mainly meant for current JCR members. Feel free to have a look around to get a more detailed understanding of the JCR before you get here, but for a more general overview of Trevelyan College and its JCR please head to the external website.
Trevelyan (aka Trevs) has a reputation as the friendliest college in Durham.
Without further ado – ten reasons you should come to Trevs:
1. We have a very friendly community and as a Fresher you will find it easy to settle in. As everyone is split into Freshers groups of about 15 people it is to make friends quickly.
3. As the third smallest college you will probably know everyone in your year and people in other years too.
4. You have the opportunity to share a room for a term which although might put you off almost everyone agrees it is so much fun! If you want to dive in and make friends why not opt to share in first term. College will do their best to fit you up with a similar match. If you’re a bit worried why not wait to decide who you want to share with and you could even pick one of the many twin rooms which have a divide down the middle so you have your own personal space.
5. We put on some of the best student-run events: Trevs Unplugged several times a term (opportunity for any musicians to play in the bar), a summer ball which lasts until 6am, Trevs Day which is a day of music, sports, bouncy castles, ents, food and college spirt, our very own ‘Take me out’ and Trevs got Talent to name but a few!
6. There’s a library (24hrs), a gym, a music recording studio, piano, pool table, 3 TV rooms, cinema room, tennis court and sports hall. All bedrooms and the dining hall are under one roof, so pyjamas and dressing gowns are completely acceptable at all times of the day…
7. We have a sports team for nearly every sport you can imagine (including rock climbing). And if we don’t have one for your sport, you can set one up!
8. Every single meal is cooked for you, including brunch on Saturday mornings
10. Landings are made of hexagons to make it feel more homely!