The Forum on Forgiveness and Reconciliation
The Department has started a new interdisciplinary seminar stream entitled 'The Forum on Forgiveness and Reconciliation'. This is in partnership with Hatfield College. The seminars will be held at 5.00 pm on Tuesdays in the Birley Room, Hatfield College. The seminars are held jointly with the Department of Philosophy, the School of Government and International Affairs and the Durham Global Security Institute.
- 31 January 2012 17:00: 'Sustainable Reconciliation: Avoiding the Myth of Conflict Resolution' - Bishop Justin Welby, Durham Cathedral
- 12 March 2012 17:30: The Spirituality of Forgiveness - The Rev Professor Chris Cook
- 13 March 2012 17:00: 'Who Discovered Forgiveness?' - Dr Anthony Bash, Durham University
- 13 November 2012 17:00: Distasteful Empathy and Impossible Forgiveness - The Rev Canon Stephen Cherry
- 4 March 2013 19:30: What is Restorative Justice – and does it Work? -