Applications closed on 11th March 2013.
Applicants to Durham University’s Sutton Trust Summer School must be in Year 12 (or equivalent) and attending a state school or college. To find out more information about the application process, and to apply for a place on the programme, visit the Sutton Trust website. At Durham, application decisions are made by qualified staff in the University’s Access & Student Recruitment Team.
Gaining a place on the scheme can be competitive. Priority will be given to those students meeting the greatest number of the following criteria:
- will be the first generation in their family to attend university;
- have achieved at least 5 As or A*s at GCSE, or equivalent;
- are taking subjects in relation to the subject stream they are applying for;
- attend schools or colleges with a low overall A-Level (or equivalent) point score and/or schools or colleges with low progression rates to higher education;
- come from neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education or high levels of socio economic deprivation;
- are (or have been) looked after, accommodated or in care;
- are under the age of 18 at the time of the summer school.
Some subjects have additional entry requirements which match those for the equivalent undergraduate programmes. You must be studying for the following A-levels (or equivalent) to be considered for the following subject streams:
- Biology: two science subjects, one of which must be either Chemistry or Biology
- Computer Science: Mathematics only
- Mathematics: Mathematics only
- Physics: Mathematics and Physics
If you are unsure if you are studying the correct subjects, or if you would like further clarification on the eligibility criteria, contact the Team directly, and we will be more than happy to help.