St John's College Facillities - Weights and Fitness room
St Johns College Fitness Room
The college has a fitness room which currently has 2 rowing machines, 2 stationary bikes and a stepping machine.
Opening Times: 9:00am – 10.30pm (Reception opening hours)
St Johns College Weights Room
In 2008, Johns opened a new Gym Room in the Cruddas building. Equipment available includes a squat/bench-press rack, EZ and neutral grip bars, 275kg of Olympic weight plates with 7ft (20kg) bar and neck pad support, 1-55kg set of dumbbells and 2 incline/decline benches with leg extensions. In 2012 a hyper extension deck, VKR station and twin stack cable machine were added.
Opening Times: 9.00 am – 10:30pm (Reception opening hours)
College Gym Representative
For further information, please contact James Lockhart at:
Conditions of use
- St Johns College Fitness Room and Gym Room are facilities available to those members who have obtained a compulsory induction for both rooms from the college representative.
- These facilities can only be used when at least 2 members are present at all times during the session. The gym has a maximum of 4 members per session. All session members must be present at reception when signing in and out.
- Sessions are 1 hour. Maximum of 2 per person per day. The second session cannot happen straight after the first.
- Only sealed water bottles with sports cap allowed.
Before and after use
- Check equipment for damage. If found report to Gym rep.
- Put all weights back onto storage racks
- Do not leave Olympic weight plates on bar after use
- Do not drop the weights after use
- Allow enough space to preform exercise safely
Sign up procedure:
- Click on Online Gym application link
- Fill in all online forms
- Email gym representative to arrange an induction (inductions take approximately 5 minutes and don’t require you to be in gym kit)
- After completing induction, reception will accept payment of appropriate fee
- Provide reception with a passport size photo to make your membership card
- Sign out keys for gym rooms using your new membership card!
Page updated Jan 2012