Our library is one of our most valued resources.
The library is the responsibility of the college and provides learning and academic resources to allow students additional academic facilities for the duration of their studies. As part of our aim to provide skills and experiences for our students, we have a Student Librarian who is responsible for the operation of the library.
The college library which is part funded by the college and the student body offers:
- Over 8000 books, journals and periodicals
- Broadband wireless internet
- Searchable on-line catalogue system
- A student helper always on duty during opening hours
Our mission statement is to:
- provide every key text for our students’ respective courses
- provide academic material to promote further specialized reading and research. This will include providing academic journals, daily newspapers, and an educationally-based DVD and Video Library
- to promote easy access to study aid materials, with a dedicated Reference-Only section in the Study Room
- to provide a quiet study area, with work desks and sofa
All our students can search on-line for books via the University Library's on-line system.
The college has excellent IT facilities with two computer suites; one at our South Bailey site and one at our Parsons Field site at Refounders House. Each provides:
- 24-hour access
- High-spec machines, regularly updated
- Large flat-screen monitors
- All connected to the University network
- Comprehensive suite of programmes including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher
- Super-quick broadband internet access
- Scanner and printers facilities; credits available centrally from ITS (4p per sheet includes paper, ink and printer maintenance)
Wireless internet zones
- Library and Study Room
- Licensed cafe and JCR