Prof. A.K.S. Memorial Lecture
In 2001 an Honorary Lecture series was established. The first lecture was delivered by Prof Lambton, 'Local particularism and the common people in pre-modern Iran'
Speakers to date have included:-
- Professor A.K.S.Lambton;
- Professor R Builliet of Columbia University, New York;
- Professor Richard Tapper, SOAS;
- Professor Bernard Hourcade, CNRS, Paris;
- Professor Bert Fragner, Institut Fuer Iranisti, Austrisn Academy of Sciences, Wien;
- Professor Robert Hillenbrand, University of Edinburgh .
- Professor Edmund Herzig, University of Oxford: 'From refugees to royal confidants to "very slaves": the Armenians and the Safavid court in the 17th Century', 1 May 2006
- Dr. Homa Katouzian, St. Antony's College, Oxford, 'Seyyed Hasan Taqizadeh: three lives in a lifetime',
- Prof Touraj Atabaki, Leiden University, 'From Multilingual Empire to Modern State: Ethnic Diversity and Territorial Integrity in Iran'
- Prof Robert Gleave, University of Exeter, 'Sex, Drugs and Rock n' Roll: Ethics, Law and Clerical Authority in post-revolutionary Iran'
- Dr. Udo Steinbach, Berlin, 'Revolutionary Iran and the Arab world - an uneasy relationship'