Mr Khalil al-Anani, PhD Research Scholar
Doctoral Research Student in the School of Government and International Affairs
- Authoritarianism and Democratization
- Comparative Politics
- International Relations
- Middle East Politics
- Political Islam
- Religion and Politics
- Social Movements
Islam and Politics(100 hours/year.)
Middle East Politics(100 hours/year.)
- (2012). Egypt’s Blessed Salafi Votes. Foreign Policy
- (2012). Rethinking the Muslim Brotherhood. Foreign Policy
- (2012). Islamists and Arab Constitutions. Al-Ahram Weekly (1109).
Book chapters: online
- (2012). Egypt: The New Puritans. In The Islamists are Coming. United States Institute of Peace.
- (2008). Hamas: From Resistance to Power. In Cairo: Al-Quds Center for Palestinian Studies.
- (2007). Political Islam in the Middle East: History, Present, and Future. Cairo: International Center for Strategic and Future Studies.
- (2007). The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt: Gerontocracy Fighting against Time. Al-Shorouk Press.
Journal papers: academic
- (2012). Islamist Parties Post-Arab Spring. Mediterranean Politics 17(3): 466-472.
Journal papers: professional
- (2010). Reading Between the Lines: Islamist Views of Israel. Arab Insight Journal 2(7).
- (2009). Young Brotherhood in Search for New Path. Current Trends in Islamist Ideology Journal 9(1).
- (2008). Brotherhood Bloggers: A New Generation Voices Dissent. Arab Insight Journal 1(3).
- (2007). Is Brotherhood with America Possible?. Arab Insight Journal 1(1).
- (2012). Religion in Egypt’s Public Sphere after the Revolution. Doha: The Arab Center for Research and Policy Studies.
- (2010). The Myth of Excluding Moderate Islamists in the Arab World. The Brookings Institute.
- (2009). Jihadists Revisionism: Will It Save the World?. Crown Center for Middle East Studies.