Ms Helen Wareham
(email at email@example.com)
Helen joined the Evaluation, Research and Development Unit (ERDU) in November 2009 to take a 3 year PhD studentship, funded by the ESRC, looking at inequalities in primary health care cancer interventions.
Helen’s background is in Psychology, graduating from Liverpool Hope University in 2004 having studied Psychology and Sport studies and completing her M.Sc. in Applied Psychology at Brunel University in 2007.
After completing her M.Sc. Helen took a research post at Northumbria University working in the School of Psychology and Sport Sciences researching the potential link between sporting involvement and drinking patterns
In addition Helen completed her PGCE in post-compulsory education at Oxford Brookes University in 2005 and has a wide range of interests including; circus skills, woodworking, western martial arts and trying to keep up with her dog.
- Partington, S., Partington, E., Wareham, H., Heather, N. & St. Clair Gibson, A. (2009), , ISSP 12th World Congress of Sport Psychology. Marrakesh, Morocco..
- Partington, S., Partington, E., Wareham, H., Heather, N. & St. Clair Gibson, A. (2008), , BPS Division of Sport and Exercise Psychology Inaugural Conference. London, UK..
- Wareham, H. (2008), A comparison of the motivations to increase muscularity between individuals who participate in team exercise activities versus those who participate in individual exercise activities, BPS Division of Sport and Exercise Psychology Inaugural Conference. London, UK.
- Wareham, H. (2007), Gym’ll fix it. A study into the motivation and desire to increase muscularity primarily through sport and exercise, BASES Annual Conference. Bath, UK..
- Partington, S., Partington, E., Mercer, J. & Wareham, H. (2007), Role conflict and identity dilemmas: The experience of student athletes, BASES Annual Conference. Bath, UK..
Journal papers: academic
- Heather, N., Partington, S., Partington, E., Longstaff, F., Allsop, S., Jankowski, M., Wareham, H. & St Clair Gibson, A. (2011). Alcohol Use Disorders and Hazardous Drinking among Undergraduates at English Universities. Alcohol and Alcoholism 46(3): 270-277.
Journal papers: professional
- Forrest, L, Wareham, H, Adams, J, Rubin, GP & White, M (2012). Socio-economic Inequalities in Lung Cancer Treatment: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. PLOS Medicine
- Partington, S., Partington, E., Heather, N., St Clair Gibson, A., Longstaff, F., Allsop, S., Wareham, H. & Jankowski, M. (2010). Use and Abuse of Alcohol in UK University Sport. The Alcohol Education and Research Council.
- Qualitative Health Research Group