Dr Ingrid Ablett-Spence
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ingrid joined ERDU as a researcher in January 2011. She is a Registered Nurse, District Nurse and has a Diploma in Professional Studies in Nursing and a BSc (Hons) in Community Health Care Nursing. Ingrid worked for the NHS for 28 years in nursing and senior management capacities. For much of her career she has specialised in Community Nursing, Cancer and Public Health. Ingrid also held part - time teaching positions/ honorary lecturer status at New College Durham, Butterwick Hospice and the University of Teesside between 1992 and 2010. Ingrid graduated from Durham University with a PhD in 2005, her thesis was an action research project focusing on the "Information needs of newly diagnosed cancer patients". More recently Ingrid has gained a postgraduate qualification in Advanced Commissioning and in December 2010 she completed the North East Leading Improvement for Health and Wellbeing Programme. Ingrid retains an interest in all things Cancer and Public Health related.
Out of work Ingrid enjoys supporting her son playing ice hockey and in the spirit of "if you can't beat them join them", learning to play ice hockey herself.
- Ablett-Spence, I.M. (2011), NHS Tees Cancer Awareness and Early Diagnosis Initiative, North of England Cancer Network Annual Conference. Sunderland, UK.
- Ablett-Spence, I.M., Sofianopoulou, E & McGuinness, L (2011), NHS Tees NAEDI Project, NHS Tees Cancer Awareness and Early Diagnosis Conference. Wynyard, UK.
- Ablett-Spence, I.M. (1999), Information needs of newly diagnosed cancer patients, ECCO. Vienna, Austria.
- Ablett-Spence, I.M. (1997), Eroding the boundaries: Improving the interface between hospital and community palliative care services, ECCO. Hamburg, Germany.
- Ablett-Spence, I.M. (1994), Audit and Quality in Palliative Care, Springfield Hospice Annual Conference. Rochdale, England.
Journal papers: academic
- Ablett-Spence I.M. (1999). Information Needs of Newly Diagnosed Cancer Patients. The European Journal of Cancer 55(4): 59.
- Ablett-Spence I.M. (1997). Eroding the boundaries: improving the interface between hospital and community palliative care services. The European Journal of Cancer 33(8).
- Qualitative Health Research Group