Dr Paul Tiffin - all publications
- Tiffin, P. A. & Nadkarni, J. (2010). Evaluating Violence Risk in Young People. In The Cambridge Handbook of Forensic Psychology. Campbell, E. & Brown, J. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. 166-176.
- Tiffin, P. A. & Richardson, G. (2006). The use of structured instruments in the assessment of violence risk. In Children who commit Acts of Serious Interpersonal Violence - Messages for Practice. Hagell, A. & Jeyarajah-Dent, R. Jessica Kingsley. 205-210.
- Tiffin, P. A. & Le Couteur, A. (2005). Developmental disorders. In Seminars in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Gowers, S. London: Gaskell. 124-144.
- Tiffin, P. A. (2005). Model answers: MRCPsych Part II Examination Critical Review Paper Autumn 1999. In Critical Reviews in Psychiatry. Brown, T. & Wilkinson, G. London: Gaskell. 33-36.
- Welsh, P. & Tiffin, P. A. (2012), How do adolescents experience an at-risk mental state for psychosis?, 6 (Suppl 1): International Conference on Early Psychosis. San Francisco, Early Intervention in Psychiatry, 49.
- Welsh, P. & Tiffin, P. A. (2010), Follow-up of the "At Risk Mental State" (FARMS) Study, 4 (Suppl 1): International Conference on Early Psychosis. Amsterdam, John Wiley, 116.
Journal papers: academic
- Daniel, M. R., Weir, S. & Tiffin, P. A. (2013). A novel clinical risk assessment system for use in CAMHS. The British Journal of Forensic Practice
- Welsh, P., Cartwright-Hatton, S., Wells, A., Snow, L. & Tiffin, P. A. (2013). Metacognitive beliefs in adolescents with an at-risk mental State for psychosis. Early Intervention in Psychiatry
- Welsh, P. & Tiffin, P. A. (2013). The 'At-Risk Mental State' for psychosis in adolescents: Clinical presentation, transition and remission. Child Psychiatry and Human Development
- McCrone, P., Singh, S., Knapp, M., Smith, J., Clark, M., Shiers, D. & Tiffin, P. A. (2013). The economic impact of Early Intervention in psychosis services for children and adolescents. Early Intervention in Psychiatry
- Tiffin, P. A. (2012). Adolescent families: a clinical tool. BACP Children and Young People 24-27.
- Welsh, P. & Tiffin, P. A. (2012). Experience of Child and Adolescent Mental Health Clinicians working within an At-Risk Mental State for psychosis service: a qualitative study. Early Intervention in Psychiatry 6(2): 207-211.
- Welsh, P. & Tiffin, P. A. (2012). Observations of a small sample of adolescents experiencing an At-Risk Mental State (ARMS) for psychosis. Schizophrenia Bulletin 38(2): 215-218.
- Dodgson, G., Ross, L., Tiffin, P. A., Mitford, E. & Brabban, A. (2012). Outcomes Post-Discharge from an Early Intervention in Psychosis service; a comparison to treatment as usual. Journal of Early Intervention in Psychiatry 6(4): 465-468.
- Tiffin, P. A. & Rolling, K. (2012). Structure of the Health of the Nation Outcome Scales for Children and Adolescents: An ordinal factor analysis of clinician ratings of a sample of young people referred to community mental health services. Psychiatry Research 197(1-2): 154-162.
- Nadkarni, J., Blakelock, D., Jha, A., Tiffin, P. A. & Sullivan, F. (2012). The Clinical Profile of Young People Accessing a Low Secure Adolescent Unit. The British Journal of Forensic Practice 14(3): 217-226.
- Tiffin, P. A., Dowell, J. S. & McLachlan, J. C. (2012). Widening access to UK medical education for under-represented socioeconomic groups: Modelling the impact of the UKCAT in the 2009 cohort. British Medical Journal (344): e1805.
- Welsh, P., Mediavilla, J. L. & Tiffin, P. A. (2011). Attitudes and Knowledge of Child and Adolescent Mental Health Clinicians in Relation to the Psychosis Risk Syndrome. Early Intervention in Psychiatry 5(4): 355-359.
- Tiffin, P. A., Kaplan, C. & Place, M. (2011). Development of the family perceptions scale: a novel instrument for evaluating subjective functioning in the families of adolescents. Journal of Adolescence 34(3): 593-597.
- Tiffin, P. A., Finn, G. M. & McLachlan, J. C. (2011). Evaluating professionalism in medical undergraduates using selected response questions: findings from an item response modelling study. BMC Medical Education 11: 43.
- Tiffin, P. A., Arnott, B., Moore, H. J. & Summerbell, C. D. (2011). Modelling the relationship between obesity and mental health in children and adolescents: findings from the Health Survey for England 2007. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health 5: 31.
- McCrone, P. & Tiffin, P. A. (2010). Modelling the Economic Impact of EI for Children and Adolescents. Early Intervention in Psychiatry 4(Supplement 1): 68.
- Del Real, A., Brabban, A. & Tiffin, P. A. (2010). Pervasive Developmental Disorder and Early Intervention in Psychosis Services: a Survey of Care-Coordinator's Experiences. Journal of Early Intervention in Psychiatry (4): 93-96.
- Padgett, F. E., Miltsiou, E. & Tiffin, P. A. (2010). The Co-occurrence of Non-Affective Psychosis and the Pervasive Developmental Disorders: A Systematic Review. Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disability 13(4): 187-198.
- Tiffin, P. A. & Gasparyan, A. (2009). Attitudes and Practice in Relation to First Episode Psychosis: a Survey of Child and Adult Psychiatrists. Psychiatric Bulletin 33(7): 247-251.
- Tiffin, P. A. & Hudson, S. (2007). An early intervention in psychosis service for adolescents. Journal of Early Intervention in Psychiatry 1(2): 212-218.
- Tiffin, P. & Morrison, M. (2007). An Early Intervention in Psychosis Service for Adolescents; the Application of Psychotherapeutic Principles. The Journal of Psychoanalytical Psychotherapy 21(4): 267-283.
- Tiffin, P. A., Shah, P. & Le Couteur, A. (2007). Diagnosing pervasive developmental disorders in a forensic adolescent mental health setting. British Journal of Forensic Practice 9(3): 31-40.
- Tiffin, P. A. & Glover, G. (2007). From commitment to reality: early intervention in psychosis services in England. Journal of Early Intervention in Psychiatry 1(1): 104-107.
- Tiffin, P. A. & Garg, G. D. (2007). Managing First-Episode Psychosis: A Case-Based Discussion. Foundation Years Journal 1(5): 207-210.
- Tiffin, P. A., Pearce, M. S., Kaplan, C., Fundudis, T. & Parker, L. (2007). Recollections of parental style and perceptions of current family functioning at age 50. Journal of Family Therapy 29(2): 169-182.
- Tiffin, P. A., Pearce, M. S., Kaplan, C., Fundudis, T. & Parker, L. (2007). The Impact of Socio-economic Status and Mobility on Perceived Family Functioning. Journal of the Family and Economic Issues 28(4): 653-667.
- Tiffin, P. A. & Cooper, S. (2006). Firesetting in young people. Forensic Update (87): 43-48.
- Tiffin, P. A. (2006). Managing Psychotic Illness in Young People: A Practical Overview. Child and Adolescent Mental Health 12(4): 173-186.
- Cooper, S. & Tiffin, P. A. (2006). Psychological assessment and treatment of adolescent offenders with psychopathic personality traits. Educational and Child Psychology 23(2): 62-74.
- Tiffin, P. A., Pearce, M. S. & Parker, L. (2005). Social mobility over the lifecourse and self reported mental health at age 50: prospective cohort study. Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health 59(10): 870-872.
- Tiffin, P. A. & Kaplan, C. (2004). Dangerous children - assessment and management of risk. Child and Adolescent Mental Health 9(2): 56-64.
- Tiffin, P. A. & Perini, A. F. (2001). The use of antiepileptic drugs in learning disabled people with epilepsy: an audit of adult in-patients in a treatment and continuing care service. Seizure 10(7): 500-504.
- Tiffin, P. A., Ashton, H., Marsh, R. & Kamali, F. (1995). Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic responses to caffeine in poor and normal sleepers. Psychopharmacology 121(4): 494-502.
- Steel, R. & Tiffin, P. A. (Accepted). 'Personalised Evidence’ for Personalised Healthcare: integration of a Clinical Librarian into Mental Health Services; a feasibility study. The Psychiatrist
- Welsh, P. & Tiffin, P. A. (Accepted). Attitudes of patients and clinicians in relation to the at risk state for psychosis. Early Intervention in Psychiatry
- Doyle, O. M., Tsaneva-Atansaova, K., Harte, J., Tiffin, P. A., Tino, P. & Diaz-Zuccarini, V. (Accepted). Bridging Paradigms: Hybrid Mechanistic-Discriminative Predictive Models. IEEE transactions on Biomedical Engineering
- Mushtaq, I., Ayub, M., Mushtaq, S., Adnan Hafeez, M., Helal, N., Irfan, M., Hassan, B., Tiffin, P. A. & Naeem, F. (Accepted). Domestic Violence, Mental Illness and Suicidal Ideation- A study from Lahore, Pakistan. Journal of Mental Health
Other publications: research
- Welsh, P., Dormer, T. & Tiffin, P. A. (2013). Re: Recognition and management of psychosis and schizophrenia in children and young people: summary of NICE guidance (letter to the editor). BMJ Publishing Group. British Medical Journal 346.
- Tiffin, P. A. (2010). Commentary on 'The Patient Health Questionnaire 2-item is a rapid, sensitive and specific screening tool for identifying adolescents with major depression'. Evidence-Based Mental Health
- Cheng, W. & Tiffin, P. A. (2010). The Mental Health Needs of the UK's Chinese Children (letter). Royal College of Psychiatrists. International Psychiatry 7(1).
- Tiffin, P. A. & Kaplan, C. (2001). Dangerous children- their assessment and management: a case. DOH Consultation Document