How to Find Us
Queens Campus, Stockton is linked by the A66 to the A1(M) and the A19.
From A19 North
- Join the A66, signposted Stockton/Darlington.
- Take the first slip road from A66, signposted Teesside Retail Park/Tees Barrage.
- Turn right at the traffic lights, over the bridge across the A66, following signs for the Barrage.
- Turn left at the roundabout.
For Holliday Building:
- Turn right at the next small roundabout into East Drive and keep forward into the main campus car park. Buildings are signposted and large campus maps are located around the car park.
For George Stephenson College:
- Turn right at the next small roundabout into East Drive. George Stephenson College Residences are located to the left of East Drive.
For John Snow College:
- Follow directions 1-4 above.
- Drive along Princeton Drive and turn left at roundabout into Station Street.
- At the next roundabout the Residences are directly opposite.
- Take second left at the roundabout into Sorbonne Close - John Snow College Residences are on the right hand side.
From 19 South
Join the slip road for the A66 signpost Stockton/Darlington. Keep on the slip road and follow the signs for the Barrage as described above.
GNER service runs from London, York and Edinburgh to Darlington, with a connection to Thornaby Railway Station. The Transpennine Express provides a direct approximately hourly service from Manchester Airport, Manchester, Leeds and York to Thornaby.
To George Stephenson College:
Once at Thornaby Station, climb the steps and turn right onto the footbridge. At the end of the footbridge turn right along Station Street. At the roundabout turn right into Princeton Drive. At the next small roundabout turn left into East Drive. The College is on your left.
To John Snow College:
Once at Thornaby Station, climb the steps and turn right onto the footbridge. At the end of the footbridge turn left into Chapel Street towards the Dubliners pub, passing the Saab garage. The College is on Sorbonne Close, whichis directly opposite the Chapel Street roundabout.
Durham Tees Valley Airport is just 8 miles from Stockton. Air travellers can take advantage of the Tees Valley Sky Express (737), which links the airport with Darlington and its railway station. The service is free to air travellers or costs £2 per single journey for non-air travellers.
Newcastle Airport is 50 minutes away by road.
Regular services run from Stockton and Middlesbrough to Teesdale and X1 services from Newcastle, Durham, Sedgefield and Middlesbrough stop outside the Holliday Building on University Boulevard and travel direct to the University of Durham Science Site.