Professor Jo Phoenix - all publications
- Phoenix, J. & Oerton, S. (2005). Illicit and Illegal: Sex, Regulation and Social Control. Collumpton, Devon: Willan Publishing.
- Phoenix, J. (2001). Making Sense of Prostitution. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Phoenix, J. (2009). Regulating Sex for Sale: Prostituion, Policy Reform and the UK. Bristol: Policy Press.
- Phoenix, Jo (2012). Chapter 10: Sex Work, Sexual Exploitations and Consumerism. Part IV: Sex, Gender and Justice. In Crime, Justice and Social Democracy. Carrington, K. et al
- Phoenix, J. (2012). Violence and prostitution: beyond the notion of a 'continuum of sexual violence'. In Handbook on Sexual Violence. Brown, J. & Walklate, S. Routledge. 218-236.
- Phoenix, J. (2009). Beyond Risk Assessment: The Return of Repressive Welfarism. In Youth Offending and Youth Justice (Research Highlights in Social Work). McNeil, F. & Barry, M. London: Jessica Kingsley.
- Phoenix, J. (2009). Frameworks for Understanding. In Regulating Sex for Sale: Prostitution, policy reform and the UK. Phoenix, J. Bristol: Policy Press. 1-28.
- Phoenix, J. (2009). Whose Account Counts? Politics and Research in Youth Justice. In Youth Justice Handbook: Theory, Policy and Practice. Taylor, W., Earle, R. & Hester, R. Collumpton, Devon: Willan Publishing. 73-82.
- Phoenix, J. (2008). Be helped or else! Economic exploitation, male violence and prostitution policy in the UK. In Demanding Sex: Critical Reflections on the Regulation of Prostitution. Munro, F. & Della Giusta, M. London: Ashgate.
- Phoenix, J. (2008). Reinventing the Wheel: Contemporary Contours of Prostitution Regulation. In Sex as Crime. Letherby, G., Williams, J., Birch, P. & Cain, M. Collumpton, Devon: Willan Publishing. 27-46.
- Phoenix, J. (2006). Regulating Prostitution; Controlling Women's Lives. In Gender and Justice: New Concepts and Approaches. Heidensohn, F. Collumpton, Devon: Willan Publishing. 76-95.
- Phoenix, J. (2002). Youth Prostitution Policy Reform: New Discourses, Same Old Story. In Women and Punishment: the Struggle for Justice. Carlen, P. Collumpton, Devon: Willan Publishing. 67-93.
Journal papers: academic
- Phoenix, J. (2010). Pre-sentence reports, magisterial discourse and agency in the Youth Courts in England and Wales. Punishment & Society 12(3): 348-365.
- Phoenix, J. (2007). Governing Prostitution: New Formations, Old Agendas. The Canadian Journal of Law and Society: Special Edition on Urban Governance and Legality from Below 22(2): 73-94.
- Phoenix, J. (2007). Regulating prostitution: different problems, different solutions, same old story. Community Safety Journal 6(1): 7-10.
- Phoenix, J. (2003). Rethinking Youth Prostitution: National Provision at the Margins of Child Protection and Youth Justice. Youth Justice 3(3): 152-168.
- Phoenix, J. (2002). In the Name of Protection: Youth Prostitution Policy Reforms in England and Wales. Critical Social Policy 22(2): 353-375.
- Phoenix, J. (2012). Out of place: The policing and criminalisation of sexually exploited girls and young women. The Howard League for Penal Reform.