View Research Directory
Dr Yizhe Dong, BA, BSc, MSc, PhD
Yizhe joined Durham Business School in September 2010. He received his PhD degree from Loughborough University, and MSc and MA from Cardiff University and Nottingham University respectively. Yizhe's research interests include (i) efficiency and productivity analysis using stochastic frontier econometrics and mathematical programming; (ii) the structure and competition of banking markets; (iii) The design of banking regulation, with particular reference to banking reform in China.
- Financial institution efficiency
- Market competition in banking industry
- Banking deregulation
- Dong, Y. (2012). Cost Efficiency of Banks in China: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis. In Rising China in the Changing World Economy. Wang, L. Routledge. 316-356.
- Dong, Y., Guariglia, A. & Hou, W. (2012). Impact of Foreign Bank Entry on the Performance of Chinese Banks. In The Recent Developments and Challenges of the Chinese Capital Market. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Jiao, H., Hou, W., Dong, Y. & Lee, E. (2012). Independent Directors' Characteristics and the Performance of Chinese Private Firms. In The Recent Developments and Challenges of the Chinese Capital Market. Palgrave Macmillan.