Professor Lynn Staeheli
Professor in the Department of Geography
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 33 41942
Fax: +44 (0) 191 33 41801
Room number: 220
Professor in Culture-Economy-Life
Professor in Politics-State-Space
Professor in Urban Worlds
Department of Geography
- Staeheli, L.A. & Mitchell, D. (2008). The People's Property? Power, Politics, and the Public. Routledge.
- Staeheli, Lynn A & Nagel, Caroline R (2013). Different Democracy? Arab Immigrants, Religion, and Democratic Citizenship. In Religion and Place: Landscape, Politics and Piety. Hopkins, Peter, Kong, Lily & Olson, Elizabeth Springer. 115-130.
- Nagel, C.R. & Staeheli, L.A. (2009). British Arab Perspectives on Religion, Politics, and 'the Public'. In Muslims, in Britain: Race, Place and Identities. Hopkins, P. & Gale, R. Edinburgh University Press. 95-112.
- Staeheli, L.A. & Mitchell, D. (2009). Relevance. In Handbook of Social Geography. Smith, S., Pain, R., Marston, S. & Jones, J.P. Sage. 546-559.
- Staeheli, L.A. (2008). Democracy and Democratization. In Handbook of Political Geography. Cox, K., Low, M. & Robinson, J. Sage. 389-401.
- Nagel, C.R. & Staeheli, L.A. (2008). The Politics of Minority Visibility and Invisibility: the Case of British Arab Activists. In New geographies of race and racism. Dwyer, C. & Bressey, C. Ashgate. 83-94.
Journal papers: academic
- Staeheli, L.A. & Nagel, C.R. (Published). Whose awakening is it? Youth and the geopolitics of civic engagement in the 'Arab Awakening'. European Urban and Regional Studies 20(1): 115-119.
- Staeheli, L.A. & Hammett, D. (2013). 'For the future of the nation': Citizenship, nation, and education in South Africa. Political Geography 32: 32-41.
- Staeheli, Lynn A, Attoh, Kafui & Mitchell, Don (2013). Contested Engagements: Youth and the Politics of Citizenship. Space and Polity 17(1): 88-105.
- Staeheli, L.A. (2013). THE 2011 ANTIPODE AAG LECTURE Whose Responsibility Is It? Obligation, Citizenship and Social Welfare. Antipode 20.
- Hammett, D. & Staeheli, L.A. (2013). Transition and the Education of the New South African Citizen. Comparative Education Review 57(2): 000.
- Staeheli, L.A., Ehrkamp, P., Leitner, H. & Nagel, C.R. (2012). Dreaming the Ordinary: Daily Life and the Complex Geographies of Citizenship. Progress in Human Geography 36(5): 628-644.
- Ralph, D. & Staeheli, L. (2011). Home and Migration: Mobilities, Belongings and Identities. Geography Compass 5(7): 517-530.
- Nagel, C.R. & Staeheli, L.A. (2011). Muslim Political Activism or Political Activism by Muslims? Secular and Religious Identities amongst Muslim Arab Activists in hte United States and United Kingdom. Identities: Global Studies in Culture and Power 18(5): 437-458.
- Staeheli, L.A. (2011). Political geography: Where's citizenship?. Progress in Human Geography 35(3): 393-400.
- Hammett, D. & Staeheli, L.A. (2011). Respect and responsibility: Teaching citizenship in South African high schools. International Journal of Educational Development 31(3): 269-276.
- Staeheli, L.A. & Hammett, D. (2010). Educating the New National Citizen: Education, Political Subjectivity, and Divided Societies. Citizenship Studies 14(6): 667-680.
- Nagel, C.R. & Staeheli, L.A. (2010). ICT and geographies of British Arab and Arab American activism. Global Networks 10(2): 262-281.
- Staeheli, L.A. (2010). Political geography: democracy and the disorderly public. Progress in Human Geography 34(1): 67-78.
- Staeheli, L.A., Mitchell, D. & Nagel, C.R. (2009). Making publics: immigrants, regimes of publicity and entry to ‘the public’. Environment and Planning D: Society and Space 27(4): 633-648.
- Staeheli, L.A. (2008). Citizenship and the Problem of Community. Political Geography 27(1): 5-21.
- Staeheli, L.A. & Mitchell, D. (2008). Don't Talk with Strangers: Regulating Property, Purifying the Public. Griffith Law Review 17(2): 531-545.
- Nagel, C.R. & Staeheli, L.A. (2008). Integration and the Negotiation of 'Here' and "There": The Case of British Arab Activists. Social & Cultural Geography 9(4): 415-430.
- Staeheli, L.A. (2008). Political Geography: Difference, Recognition and the Contested Terrains of Political CLaims-making. Progress in Human Geography 32(4): 561-570.
- Staeheli, L.A. & Nagel, C.R. (2008). Rethinking Security: Perspectives from Arab-American and British Arab Activists. Antipode 40(5): 780-801.
- Staeheli, L.A. & Mitchell, D. (2007). Locating the Public in Research and Practice. Progress in Human Geography 31(6): 792-811.
- Staeheli, L.A. & Nagel, C.R. (2006). Topographies of Home and Citizenship: Arab-American Activists in the United States. Environment and Planning A 38(9): 1599-1614.