Dr Julie Hodges, PhD, MA, BA
Prior to returning to Durham Business School, Julie was a Senior Lecturer at Newcastle University, after being at Durham Business School for 5 years where she was Director of the Full-Time MBA. Before entering the academic world she worked as a management consultant for over 20 years in several profit and non-profit organizations, including RBS. She also worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers as a Senior Consultant where she was responsible for organisational change and development projects with a number of FTSE 100 companies. Julie also worked with Vertex where she set up a Commercial Consultancy team. Her first role was with the British Council where she worked for 10 years as a Development Consultant overseas.
- Sustaining change in organisations
- Leadership in the public and non-profit sectors
- Career transitions of mid-life women
- Hodges, J. & Howieson, B. (Forthcoming). Public and Third Sector Leadership: Experience Speaks. Emerald.
- Hodges, J. & Gill, R. (Forthcoming). Sustaining Change in Organizations. Sage.
- Hodges, J. (2011). The role of the CEO and leadership branding: credibility not celebrity. In Corporate Reputation. Burke, R., Martin, G. & Cooper, C. Gower.
Journal papers: academic
- Hodges, J. & Martin, G. (2012). Can leadership branding work in theory and practice to resolve the integration-responsiveness problems facing multinational enterprises?. International Journal of Human Resource Management 23(18): 3794-3812.
- Hodges, J. (2012). The Transition of midlife women from organizational employment into self employment. Gender in management: an international journal 27(3): 3-21.
- Ashurst, C. & Hodges, J. (2010). Exploring Business Transformation: The Challenges of Developing a Benefits Realization Capability. Journal of Change Management 10(2): 217-237.