Publication details for Dr Sarah SempleSemple, S. J (2003). Burials and Political Boundaries in the Avebury region, North Wiltshire. Anglo-Saxon Studies in Archaeology and History 12: 72-91.
- Publication type: Journal papers: academic
- ISSN/ISBN: 0264-5254, 0-947816-76-3
- Keywords: Landscape, burial, monumentality, kingship, kingdoms and frontiers
- View online: Online version
- Durham research online: DRO record
Author(s) from Durham
This paper explores the burial record of North Wiltshire and argues that the preponderance of barrow burials and common use of ancient remains as well as a number of isolated barrow burials relates particularly to the status of this region as a fluctuating frontier in the C7th to C8th AD.