Dr Lore Thaler
Indicators of Esteem
- 2012: Conference Committee: Predicting Perceptions Conference, April 17-19,2012, Edinburgh, UK
- 2012: Grant:
Grant: Biophysical Sciences Institute EPSRC Bridging the Gap Grant (2012); Project: Teaching and Evaluating the Use of Palatal Clicks for Human Echolocation (6,000 £); Co-Investigator: Ian Jermyn, Mathematical Sciences, Durham University.
- 2012: keynote address: Annual meeting of the British Society of Hearing Aid Audiologists, Notthingham, UK, May 19-20, 2012.
- 2012: plenary address: Meeting of the centre for consciousness studies, Tucson, Arizona, USA, April 9-13, 2012
- 2011: Grant:
Wolfson Research Institute EPSRC Bridging the Gap Grant (2011); Project: Mathematical Modelling of Echolocation in People (4,000 £); Co-Investigator: Ian Jermyn, Mathematical Sciences, Durham University.
- 2010: Grant: Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation Postdoctoral Fellowship (08/2008-07/2010), Project: Investigation of Neural Correlates of Visual-Spatial Representations (50,000 CA $)
- 2010: Travel Bursary:
Workshop on Perception & Action, Santa Fe Institute,September 13-16, 2010, Santa Fe, NM, USA
- Human echolocation
- Visual perception
- Auditory perception
- Planning and control of movements (e.g. hand movements or eye movements)
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)
- Schlicht, Tobias, Vetter, Petra, Thaler, Lore & Moss, Cynthia (2012). Wahrnehmung. In Handbuch Kognitionswissenschaft. Stephan, Achim & Walter, Sven Stuttgart: Metzler.
Journal papers: academic
- Thaler,Lore, Schütz, Alexander C Goodale, Melvyn A & Gegenfurtner Karl R (2013). What is the best fixation target? The effect of target shape on stability of fixational eye movements. Vision Research 76: 31-42.
- Thaler, Lore, Milne,Jennifer Arnott,Stephen Kish,Daniel & Goodale, Melvyn (2012). Neural Correlates of Motion Processing through Echolocation, Source Hearing and Vision in Blind Echolocation Experts and Sighted Echolocation Novices. under review in Journal of Neuroscience
- Thaler, Lore, Arnott, Stephen & Goodale, Melvyn (2011). Neural correlates of natural human echolocation in early and late blind echolocation experts. PLoS ONE 6(5): e20162.
- Thaler, Lore & Goodale, Melvyn (2011). Neural substrates of visual spatial coding and visual feedback control for hand movements in allocentric and target-directed tasks. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience 5: 92.
- Thaler, Lore & Goodale, Melvyn (2011). Reaction times for allocentric movements are 35 ms slower than reaction times for target-directed movements. Experimental Brain Research 211(2): 313.
- Thaler, Lore & Goodale, Melvyn (2011). The role of online visual feedback for the control of target-directed and allocentric hand movements. Journal of Neurophysiology 105(2): 846-859.
- Gordon, G, Kaplan, DM, Lankow, B, Little, DY, Sherwin, J, Suter, BA & Thaler L (2011). Toward an integrated approach to perception and action: conference report and future directions. Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience 5.
- Thaler, Lore & Goodale, Melvyn (2010). Beyond distance and direction: the brain represents target locations non-metrically. Journal of Vision 10(3): 3.
- Thaler, Lore & Todd, James (2010). Evidence from visuomotor adaptation for two partially independent visuomotor systems. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance 36(4): 924-935.
- Todd, James & Thaler, Lore (2010). The perception of 3D shape from texture based on directional width gradients. Journal of Vision 10(5): 17.
- Thaler, Lore & Todd, James (2009). The control parameters used by the CNS to guide the hand depend on the visuo-motor task: evidence from visually guided pointing. Neuroscience 159(2): 578.
- Thaler, Lore & Todd, James (2009). The use of head/eye-centered, hand-centered and allocentric representations for visually guided hand movements and perceptual judgments. Neuropsychologia 47(5): 1227.
- Thaler, L, Todd, JT, Spering, M & Gegenfurtner, KR (2007). Illusory bending of a rigidly moving line segment: effects of image motion and smooth pursuit eye movements. Journal of Vision 7(6): 9.
- Thaler, L, Todd, JT & Dijkstra, TM (2007). The effects of phase on the perception of 3D shape from texture: psychophysics and modeling. Vision Research 47(3): 411.
- Todd, JT, Thaler, L, Dijkstra, TM, Koenderink, JJ & Kappers, AM (2007). The effects of viewing angle, camera angle, and sign of surface curvature on the perception of three-dimensional shape from texture. Journal of Vision 7(12): 9.
- Todd, JT, Thaler, L & Dijkstra, TM (2005). The effects of field of view on the perception of 3D slant from texture. Vision Research 45(12): 1501.