Dr Hameed Al-Attar, PhD
I graduated with PHD in nonlinear optics (wave mixing and optical bistability) from Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, UK in 1986. From 1987-2004 I was a lecturer and a researcher in Basrah University/ Iraq and Al Albayt University /Jordan. I joined OEM group leading by Professor Andy Monkman at physics department, Durham University in 2004. My recent research interest is photophysical properties and device characteristics of doped polymeric light emitting diodes and DNA detection using water soluble conjugated polymers.
Journal papers: academic
- Al-Attar, H.A. & Telfah, A. Dh. (2004). Optical constants of polyaniline/poly(methylmethacrylate) blend. Optics Communications 229: 263-270.
- MacKenzie, H. A., Iltaif, A. K., Young, J. and Al-Attar, & H. A. (1988). The switching dynamics and noise laminations of indium antimonide bistable elements. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications 6: 1152-1159.
- Al-Attar, H. A., MacKenzie, Hugh A. and Firth, W. J. (1986). Critical slowing-down phenomena in an InSb optically bistable étalon. Optical Society of America Journal B Optical Physics 3: 1157-1163.
- Al-Attar, H. A., MacKenzie, Hugh A. and Firth, W. J. (1986). Dynamic switching characteristics of an InSb bistable etalon (A). Optical Society of America Journal B Optical Physics 3: 218-.
- MacKenzie, H. A., Hagan, D. J. and Al-Attar, H. A. (1986). Four-wave mixing in indium antimonide. IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics 22: 1328-1340.
- MacKenzie, H. A., Reid, J. J. E., Al-Attar, H. A. and & Abraham, E. (1986). Regenerative pulsations in an InSb bistable etalon. Optics Communications 60: 181-186.
- MacKenzie, H. A., Hagan, D. J. and Al-Attar, H. A. (1984). Phase conjugation by degenerate four wave mixing in InSb with a CW CO laser. Optics Communications 51: 352-356.