Journals are essential to academic research and present the latest developments in contemporary debates. Staff and students not only have a successful publishing record within internationally ranked journals, we also develop our own journals and are involved with top-rated publications. Dr. Elisabeth Schellekens is currently the Associate Journal Editor of the British Journal of Aesthetics. And Thom Brooks (Durham Law School) is the Editor of the Journal of Moral Philosophy.
In addition, members of staff are on the editorial boards of several philosophical and historical journals, including:
- Ambix - Dr. Matthew Eddy
- Anamnesis - Dr. Matthew Eddy
- Dialectica - Prof. E.J. Lowe
- Disputatio - Prof. E.J. Lowe
- Foundations of Chemistry - Dr. Robin Hendry
- Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism - Dr. Elisabeth Schellekens
- Metascience - Dr. Robin Hendry
- Notes and Records of the Royal Society - Dr. Holger Maehle
- Ontologica - Prof. E.J. Lowe
- Oxford Studies in Metaphysics - Prof. E.J. Lowe
- Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences - Prof. Matthew Ratcliffe
We also have two student publications, Philosophical Writings and Critque. Philosophical Writings accepts papers from postgraduates and academics in the early stages of their career whilst Critique is run by and features papers by undergraduates.
In addition, the department supports public engagement through our affiliation with the Journal of Modern Wisdom, edited by Ben Irvine: www.modernwisdom.co.uk
Durham Research Community
Durham University has specialists in many areas of philosophy. If you would like to work with world-leading academics in an area which fascinates you, please have a look through our postgraduate degree programs here.