1500 enquiries to clearing hotlines
(20 August 2004)
The University of Durham has received over 1500 enquiries through the Clearing hotlines during the first hours of opening today (19 August).
There are over 30 staff and students stationed at the phone lines to ensure that enquiries are dealt with as quickly as possible.
Most courses are already full but there are still a few places to be filled at the Queen’s Campus, Stockton. These include:
- Biomedical Sciences 0191 334 0742
- Business Finance and Business 0191 334 0741
- Human Sciences and health & Human Sciences 0191 334 0744
- Foundation Programme 0191 334 0745
- GENERAL CLEARING HOTLINE 0191 334 0740
- For International Student enquiries 0191 334 0045
The University of Durham had around 25,500 UCAS applications and has made 13,500 offers.
Approximately 3,500 students will be admitted onto courses at the University this year with approx 700 freshers based at Queen’s Campus in Stockton.
Applicants from overseas students are up by 2.8%
For more information contact:
Matthew Andrews, Head of Undergraduate Admissions, University of Durham 0191 334 6105
Media Enquiries to: Tom Fennelly, Public Relations, University of Durham 0191 334 6078 or e-mail email@example.com
19 August 2004