University's Excellence in Teaching Awards
(7 February 2002)
Six members of staff have received Excellence in Teaching Awards from the University's internal scheme for rewarding excellence in teaching.
This years Award holders are:
- Dr Elizabeth Burd, Computer Sciences
- Dr Colin Crowder, Theology
- Dr Philip Gates, Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Dr David Higgitt, Geography
- Dr Andrew Russell, Anthropology
- Dr Mike Waring, Health
The Awards were established as part of the University's Teaching and Learning Strategy using funds from the HEFCE TQEF (Teaching Quality Enhancement Fund), 19 applications were received. Details of the third round will be circulated in September 2002 with the award being made in January 2003.