Publication details for Dr Cherry KeartonKearton, C. & Wilson, S.M.J. (2003). Sharp bounds on some classical knot invariants. Journal of Knot Theory and its Ramifications 12(6): 805-817.
- Publication type: Journal papers: academic
- ISSN/ISBN: 0218-2165
- DOI: 10.1142/S0218216503002792
- Keywords: Nakanishi index, knot module, bridge number, Alexander polynomial, Alexander ideal,nonmaximal order, arithmetic order, Hermitian order, Hermitian form, Fitting ideal
- View online: Online version
- Durham research online: DRO record
Author(s) from Durham
- Dr Cherry Kearton
- Dr Steve Wilson
There are obvious inequalities relating the Nakanishi index of a knot, the bridge
number, the degree $2n$ of the Alexander polynomial and the length of the chain of
Alexander ideals. We give examples for every positive value of $n$ to show that these bounds are sharp.