Archive News Item
Yorkshire and Durham Geometry Day 15 May 2009
(1 May 2009)
A Yorkshire and Durham Geometry Day will be held on Friday 15 May 2009 at Durham University.
All talks will take place in CM 107 in the Department of Mathematical Sciences.
The timetable is as follows:
10:30 Coffee Mathematics Department Common Room (Room CM211)
11.00 Roger Moser (Bath)
- "Variational methods for biharmonic maps"
1.30 Joey Oliver (Durham)
- "Characteristic curves at a cusp of Gauss on smooth surfaces in 3-space"
2.00 James Thompson (Durham)
- "Complex Hyperbolic Triangle Groups and Lattices in PU(2,1)"
2.45 Katrin Leschke (Leicester)
- "Willmore tori in the 4-sphere"
3.45 Tea Break Mathematics Department Common Room (Room CM211)
4.15 Norbert Peyerimhoff (Durham)
- "Some global geometric and spectral aspects of non-positively curved planar graphs"
There will be an early evening meal in Durham, for all who are able to stay.