The Library provides access to wide range of print and online reference material. Printed reference material for each subject is housed on the same floor as its main collection. This reference material is non-borrowable and may only be used in the Library.
The Library also has access to a wide range of online reference resources, which includes directories, encyclopaedia, and both subject and language dictionaries. Access to these resources is through the Online Reference page and they are available to users both on and off campus.
Examples of specialist printed reference works for Psychology include:
- Biographical dictionary of psychology; Noel Sheehy (1997).
- Blackwell dictionary of cognitive psychology; ed. M. Eysenck (1990).
- Concise dictionary of psychology; David A. Statt (1998).
- Dictionary of cognitive psychology; Ian Stuart-Hamilton (1995).
- Dictionary of biological psychology; ed. P Winn (2001).
- Dictionary of developmental psychology; Ian Stuart-Hamilton (1995).
- Dictionary of theories, laws and concepts in psychology; Jon E. Roekelein (1998).
- Student's dictionary of psychology; Peter Stratton (1999).
- Blackwell Encyclopedia of social psychology; ed. A.R.S. Manstead (1995).
- Companion encyclopedia of psychology; ed. Andrew M. Colman (1994).
- Concise encyclopedia of psychology; ed. R.J. Corsini (1998).
- Gale encyclopedia of childhood and adolescence; Susan B. Gall (1998).
- Gale encyclopedia of psychology; Susan B. Gall (1996).
- Encyclopedia of psychology; ed. A. Kazdin (2000).
- International encyclopedia of psychology; ed. Frank N. Magill (1996).
- MIT encyclopedia of cognitive science; ed. Robert A. Wilson (1999).
- Handbook of psychological testing; P. Kline (1999).
- Making sense of statistics in psychology; B. Everitt (1996).
- Modern psychometrics: the science of psychological assessment; J. Rust (1999).
- Psychological testing; principles and applications; K.R.Murphy (1998).
- The psychologist's companion: a guide to scientific writing...; ed. R.J. Sternberg (1993).
- The psychology research handbook; ed. F.T. Leong (1996).
- Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2001).
- Research methods: a process of inquiry; A.M. Graziano (2000).
- Research methods in psychology; ed. G.M. Breakwell (2000).
- Statistical methods for psychology; D.C. Howell (2002).